Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify used to be good, now it really sucks... and they are still charging me 9.99!

Solved!

Spotify used to be good, now it really sucks... and they are still charging me 9.99!

This is my last attempt. If this fails, don't know what else to do.

In the beginning, everything was good. So much so, I upgraded to Premium and have paid $9.99 ever since.

Some time ago, Spotify made the incredibly stupid desicion of forcing us to connect to our Facebook account.

I didn't like it, but whatever...

However, for some time now I cannot login into my Spotify account. I have tried my original username with countless password combinations, to no avail. 

I tried clicking the "forgot password" and having Spotify send me an email.... which I never received.

I tried logging in with my facebook username and password, and I do get in, but I am a "free user" and no playlists, nothing.

Tried sending an email to Spotify through their contact form, several times, but each time I got an 504 server timeout error or something.

Came to this forum, typed an email pretty much like this one, pressed Post... and nothing happened (except that I lost the text)

Now I am logged in (with my facebook username/password) and hopefully the post will go through.

Would it have been THAT hard to code a check for credentials and save me from loosing all my typing btw?

Oh, before I forget, Spotify's user interface crappyness does not extend to their billing systems... the 9.99 are still religiously withdrawn from my credit card every month.

Does anybody know how to get ahold of a Spotify human being? A phone number maybe? I would like to either fix or cancel my account, but have no idea how to do it!

Thanks in advance for your help

Luis

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello there lblando!

Welcome to the Community! Sorry it coulden't be on better circumstances. 

If the contact form isn't working, send an email to "support@spotify.com" and inform them of the issue. It's manned by a team of Support Specailists ready to help!

If you have any additional questions, reply to this thread and I'll be happy to assist. 🙂 -Grayson

-----------------------------------------------------------
Remember here in the community we can't assist with most account-related issues. Submit a support form and awesome support agents will assist ASAP: http://spoti.fi/pjlOST

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello there lblando!

Welcome to the Community! Sorry it coulden't be on better circumstances. 

If the contact form isn't working, send an email to "support@spotify.com" and inform them of the issue. It's manned by a team of Support Specailists ready to help!

If you have any additional questions, reply to this thread and I'll be happy to assist. 🙂 -Grayson

-----------------------------------------------------------
Remember here in the community we can't assist with most account-related issues. Submit a support form and awesome support agents will assist ASAP: http://spoti.fi/pjlOST

Iblando - I understand my colleague has just got back to you. Let me know how you get on.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

i have a question with my billing that i can;t seem to get any answers to either, even via support@spotify.com

as of oct 21, 2012 i have paid for 21 downloads, but to date have only downloaded 13 tunes....what happened to the rest of my credits now that spotify does not support download purchses???

i assume that you will not issue my credit card a credit so can i still just go ahead and download the balance?  HOW PLEASE???

@sapho wrote:

i have a question with my billing that i can;t seem to get any answers to either, even via support@spotify.com

as of oct 21, 2012 i have paid for 21 downloads, but to date have only downloaded 13 tunes....what happened to the rest of my credits now that spotify does not support download purchses???

i assume that you will not issue my credit card a credit so can i still just go ahead and download the balance?  HOW PLEASE???

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

A stated when you purchase download credits, they are only valid for 30 days. Have a read at the FAQ here.

Any download credits which are still active on accounts can still be used, therefore I am guessing yours must have expired.

If you would like to get in touch with customer services, you can do so using the online contact form.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts