Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 3
  • Rising Star 3
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • CeliMaga
  • Casual Listener
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Spotify Discover Weekly not generating

Hi, I started using Spotify on a 7 day trial on 05/03/16 and signed up for a Premium account when it ended, I have therefore been using Spotify for nearly 4 weeks. I've read that Discover takes 2 weeks to generate so am wondering why I do not yet hav...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I started using Spotify on a 7 day trial on 05/03/16 and signed up for a Premium account when it ended, I have therefore been using Spotify for nearly 4 weeks. I've read that Discover ta...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Subscription cancelation

How do i contact support to ask for a refund?

• How do i contact support to ask for a refund?
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Family

Can i use my spotify family plan on my cell phone? since you have to live in the same address as the other members on the plan, when I leave the house can I still use it ?

• Can i use my spotify family plan on my cell phone? since you have to live in the same address as the other members on the plan, when I leave the house can I still use it ?
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! First 30 day free trial

I just sigined up for the student plan, and I was charged right away without being able to try out the 30 day free trial, not to mention I was charged twice but there's only a record of being charged once... I'm hoping the 2nd charge is somewhere rec...

• Casual Listener
  • I just sigined up for the student plan, and I was charged right away without being able to try out the 30 day free trial, not to mention I was charged twice but there's only a record of being charged...
  • jerichoi224
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotfiy Premium

Hello, I recently bought spotify premium when it was the holiday special, and i meant to cancel the subscription once it was back to the normal $10 a month. I just canceled the premium however it still charged me for this month, is there anyway i cou...

• Hello, I recently bought spotify premium when it was the holiday special, and i meant to cancel the subscription once it was back to the normal $10 a month. I just canceled the premium however it sti...
  • AustinTanguay
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Free
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! family member

Hi,I would like to add my 14-yr old step-daughter to my premium account as a family member. We share custody with her mum, so she's not at ours all the time. Can I still add her?Thanks

• Hi, I would like to add my 14-yr old step-daughter to my premium account as a family member. We share custody with her mum, so she's not at ours all the time. Can I still add her? Thanks
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify account won't let me change country from USA to UK - can you help?

Hi I have a spotify account which I haven't used for a long time. For some reason the country is USA. When I try to change it to UK (where I am based), there is no option to do that - the only country I can select is USA. Can anyone help? Thanks! Mar...

• Hi   I have a spotify account which I haven't used for a long time.  For some reason the country is USA.  When I try to change it to UK (where I am based), there is no option to do t...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cancel subscription, when does it end?

Hello, I forgot to cancel my subscription in time (after three months trial) so I will have premium a month longer which is fine. But after that month, I don't want it any more. Can I cancel it now, and then still use it this month? Or do I have to d...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I forgot to cancel my subscription in time (after three months trial) so I will have premium a month longer which is fine.  But after that month, I don't want it any more. ...
  • Jojo8080
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Got registered for this fourm

I was automatically registered for this forum which is wierd. What is this? I checked the notifications and saw the following, check the dates:You earned the Registered for one week badge! 56 seconds agoYou earned the Registered for one day badge! ye...

• I was automatically registered for this forum which is wierd. What is this?   I checked the notifications and saw the following, check the dates: You earned the Registered for one week badg...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Security
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't get logged in but password is working on web

I recently got a new computer (Lenovo Thinkpad) and am able to log in just fine using the web platform but not the Spotify application I downloaded to my computer. I keep getting error code 3 and even changed my password and the same thing is still h...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently got a new computer (Lenovo Thinkpad) and am able  to log in just fine using the web platform but not the Spotify application I downloaded to my computer. I keep getting error code 3 a...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! PaySafeCard

Bonjour/Bonsoir, Mon anglais étant pas très bon je vais éviter de parler en anglais. Voilà alors j'aimerais changer mon moyen de paiement pour utiliser PaySafeCard, problème, ce moyen de paiement n'est pas affiché, nul part ou alors je suis aveugle. ...

322241 302242
  • Casual Listener
  • Bonjour/Bonsoir,   Mon anglais étant pas très bon je vais éviter de parler en anglais. Voilà alors j'aimerais changer mon moyen de paiement pour utiliser PaySafeCard, problème, ce moyen de pai...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong amount charged

Hi, i signed up last night for the Premium for $0.99 for 3 months. However, i was charged $9.90 for one month. I am a new user. Please help to reinstate to 3 months for $0.99. Thank you.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, i signed up last night for the Premium for $0.99 for 3 months. However, i was charged $9.90 for one month. I am a new user. Please help to reinstate to 3 months for $0.99. Thank you.
  • whiteboard180
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

DOUBLE PAYMENT IN ONE MONTH ON ONE ACCOUNT

I received my bank statement from Feb. Looking through it, I've noticed a first payment was taken on Feb. 2 and Feb. 12th, also, I just have 1 account. Question?? Reading through the comments, I'm not the only person this has happened to. And why is ...

• Casual Listener
  • I received my bank statement from Feb. Looking through it, I've noticed a first payment was taken on Feb. 2 and Feb. 12th, also, I just have 1 account. Question?? Reading through the comments, I'm no...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cancelled my payment..

Hii!I cancelled accidentally my payment for this month. How can i cancel the cancelled payment? I would love some help! Gr,Bodile

• Casual Listener
  • Hii! I cancelled accidentally my payment for this month. How can i cancel the cancelled payment? 🙂   I would love some help!    Gr, Bodile 
  • bodile94
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Payment Question

I want to get premium Spotify if I sign up now will it with drawl from my account tonight or will it do it at the end of April?

• I want to get premium Spotify if I sign up now will it with drawl from my account tonight or will it do it at the end of April?
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't log onto my account.

I cannot believe a company as big as Spotify is, wanting to be bigger, cannot solve an issue where their customers cannot log in... Moreover, there is no way to get a hold of them directly and get any type of customer service. They are hiding behind ...

• Gig Goer
  • I cannot believe a company as big as Spotify is, wanting to be bigger, cannot solve an issue where their customers cannot log in... Moreover, there is no way to get a hold of them directly and get an...
  • Samson-91
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Activation code,

Hello,Can somebody tell me where I can activate the activation code on Spotify.GreetingsStefan

• Hello, Can somebody tell me where I can activate the activation code on Spotify. Greetings Stefan
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Facebook named changed, but not in Spotify!

I changed my Facebook name but Spotify hasn't seen the changes... I refreshed many times but it still hasn't changed yet! Help!

• I changed my Facebook name but Spotify hasn't seen the changes... I refreshed many times but it still hasn't changed yet! Help!
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My premium subscription appears to be impossible to cancel. HELP PLEASE.

I want to cancel my spotify premium subscription.HOWEVER. When I log in from facebook it says I am on Spotify free.AND There is no option to for me cancel my subscription in the Spotify app.AND, when I go to the App STore/iTunes in the settings on my...

• Casual Listener
  • I want to cancel my spotify premium subscription. HOWEVER. When I log in from facebook it says I am on Spotify free. AND There is no option to for me cancel my subscription in the Spotify app. A...
  • MaryS
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Being charged $9.99 instead of $4.99

My 3 months for $1 was about to expire so I signed up for the student version of Spotify premium ($4.99) but still got charged $9.99. Under my account info it says I'm subscribed to the $4.99 student discount, so I shouldn't be being charged the full...

• Casual Listener
  • My 3 months for $1 was about to expire so I signed up for the student version of Spotify premium ($4.99) but still got charged $9.99. Under my account info it says I'm subscribed to the $4.99 student...
  • MaryS
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes