Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stolen Computer Issues...

Stolen Computer Issues...

Hi Spotify,

My laptop computer with my Spotify account on it was stolen or lost. I had tens of playlists and thousands of songs on my account on that computer. I'm wondering if I can pull up those playlists through accessing my account on my new computer or in another way? Thanks!

Alex

16 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Don't worry, all those playlists will appear if you log into another computer with your account, as the playlists and songs are stored in the cloud.

However, as someone else may have your laptop, I suggest you post on this topic to get logged out of all devices.
Then I suggest you reset your password so the hacker can't login again.

If you find you're missing a couple of playlists (as the person who stole it might have deleted some), Feel free to check out this topic detailing how to recover a deleted playlist.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hi Anthony,

Thanks you for your quick and in depth response. I went ahead and downloaded Sotify on my new computer and logged in to my account but my playlists did not appear (the only one appearing being "Liked from Radio.") There are a few songs starrred but they are not songs I have starred but whoever has stolen my computer!

I also went ahead and tried to workout the issue by clicking through the link you directed me to but I didn't have any luck 😞

I know the date of when my computer was stolen so maybe we can restore my account to as it was saved to the cloud on that day? I can obviously provide you my username/password if neccesary.

Please let me know what you're thinking. Thanks again!

Alex

Hi Alex,

If you could log in using your username 'ashoff90', not your Facebook details, you should see all your playlists.

Do you see them?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi Sam. Thanks for your response. Sorry it has taken me a little while to respond. This is embarressing but I seem to have forgotten my 'ashoff90' password and when I type in my email address I don't end up getting the reset email. Anyway you can manually shoot me that email so I can log in without Facebook and hopefully recover my playlists? Thanks!

@user-removed wrote:

Hi Sam. Thanks for your response. Sorry it has taken me a little while to respond. This is embarressing but I seem to have forgotten my 'ashoff90' password and when I type in my email address I don't end up getting the reset email. Anyway you can manually shoot me that email so I can log in without Facebook and hopefully recover my playlists? Thanks!

Hey @user-removed 🙂

Have you tried entering your username on the password reset page instead of your email address? 

If you need a manual password reset, the team can do that for you but you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form since they will need to verify a few security details which can't be done here in the public community. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi okay I went ahead and reset my password and logged in with my usernames but my playlists still do not appear; looks like we are back to sqaure one. Any other suggestions?

@ashoff90 wrote:

Hi okay I went ahead and reset my password and logged in with my usernames but my playlists still do not appear; looks like we are back to sqaure one. Any other suggestions?

How many playlists are you seeing on your ashoff90 account? There should be 49 playlists and 103 Starred tracks. Feel free to reply back to that email from support too.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hi the only playlist I'm seeing is "liked from radio" and the starred songs are only from radio too.

@ashoff90 wrote:

Hi the only playlist I'm seeing is "liked from radio" and the starred songs are only from radio too.

Very strange, can you just confirm it says "ashoff90" in the top right hand corner of your client and not your real name? 

Peter

Peter

What is very strange though is that I just checked on my phone and all of the playlists and the starred songs are apprearing there!

Actually it doesn't say 'ashoff90.' It just is a series of numbers- '1259753676'

Can you try logging out and back in again using that username and your Spotify password? 

Looks like you are still logged in via Facebook somehow.

Peter

Peter

I went ahead and logged out and logged back in. I don't see any changes though. Anything else we can try? If not then worse comes to worse then I can just copy the playlists from where they appear on my phone. Thanks for your help.

@ashoff90 wrote:

I went ahead and logged out and logged back in. I don't see any changes though. Anything else we can try? If not then worse comes to worse then I can just copy the playlists from where they appear on my phone. Thanks for your help.

Just to confirm - when you log in, are you using your email address or your username?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

With my log-in name, not my email.

It looks like something weird might be going on here, can you try a quick clean reinstallation of the client and then logging in using your username again? 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts