Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stopped working - no error massage

Stopped working - no error massage

Spotify just stopped working. There is no error message. I can look up songs and everything, but they just won't play.

9 Replies

Hi Hegilla,

That's quite strange--the first thing I'd try is simply shutting down and restarting the app. 

You could also try downloading our latest release which was made available last week: (Mac - Win).

If you still can't hear any tracks, please check if your sound is working for any other applications--perhaps you can provide some additional details on your computer setup?

Actually I did download the newest version, because I thought that was the reason it didn't work. Then I closed spotify both on my computer as well as on my iPhone, and when that didnt work I sought out help from you guys. 

Just checked out the sound and it works. It is like it's on pause, the "time indicator" just does not move...

What to do?

This might be down to a connectivity issue.  Please try resetting your router and restarting the app again. 

Hello! I have the same problem. Songs just don't play. Off-line playlists wont't play either. There's no networkproblems.
I've reistalled the app with no result.
Problems started three data ago.

I had this problem, restarting spotify and even einstalling it didn't help, But then i restarted my computer and it worked again.

I have the same problem but I just restarted my computer and it's still not playing. Have also uninstalled and reinstalled but that also didn't solve it. 

I have similar problems to the point where I uninstall and then reinstall. I have come to the conclusion that Spotify is just a glitchy broken program. It will work for a while and then crash again. I have done everyhting possible to fix the issue. Forget spotify and save yourself the frustration.
Use youtube, make some playlists and then dowload add blocker. You get all the music you want and none that you don't plus there are no adds thanks to add block.

Hello - My spotify has stopped working too.

I have deleted and re-installed the App, It old me on the first time that it had 'failed miserably and the client needed to be re-set'

So I have logged out, Deleted, Re-installed and logged back in and I am having the same issue!

No sound what so ever (The sound on my phone is working I have checked this too)

Please Help!

@sshaleighbrown What device are you using?

Suggested posts