Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student Premium - can I use my NUS Extra card?

Student Premium - can I use my NUS Extra card?

I can only see an option to use Uniday, which I don't have.

15 Replies

Hello,
Unfortunately, NUS card is no longer accepted by Spotify for the student discount.

You can use a UNiDAYS account which you can create for free when you sign up for a Spotify subscription.

Have a nice day! ✌️

Hi @morwennat!

We no longer accept NUS cards for the student discount. But it’s still super easy to take advantage of our student deal. All you need is an account with UNiDAYS. If you don’t already have one, you can create an account with them for free when you sign up.

Any other questions, just give us a shout. 

Why were NUS cards stopped? Mine is still valid until February and I finally can afford to go back to Premium, but I don't have a UniDays account - I don't have a college email address and when I managed to create an account with a person address, it asked me to put in details of my course. My course isn't as straightforward as Year 2 of 3 (the way UniDays seems to operate), it stretches as long as it takes me to complete.

How am I supposed to get a discount as a student if I can't use UniDays or NUS? I refuse to pay full price when I don't have to.

I agree - very annoying and disappointing. I cannot register with Unidays as my course is not recognised, but I have 2 years on my NUS extra card. I would rather go without than pay full price so they are missing a trick.

I have a 3 year card, of which I've used one year already.

Now they've taken it away and I don't have an email address from Open University. This is an absolute joke. If this doesn't get fixed, I'll just cancel my subscription.

Why doesn’t Spotify use NUS anymore? And it isn’t as simple as saying you can just use unidays as a large amount of students aren’t on a degree course and therefore can’t get a unidays account. 

Partners in the same boat can’t use her nus is going to use Apple and Amazon prime from now on - really bad move from Spotify 

I have the same issue, no longer being able to use NUS.

I still get Amazon NUS student discount so might transfer over. 

Many Thanks 

Bye Spotify.

I'm in the same boat, for some reason unidays doesn't accept my institution so I can't join them. I've no choice but to cancel Spotify because of this. **bleep** shame.

Too many people who aren’t proper students were apparently signing up for bogus courses to get NUS cards.  Unidays has proper enforcement and most suppliers seem to be moving across to them.  Sorry to any genuine students who has been caught in the crossfire.

Im in the same boat, NUS card I have used with Spotify for the last 12 months, gone to renew and not accepted.

Looks like I will be using Amazon instead then!

Poor show from Spotify!

Spotify fail!  So they're rather have no money than some money?!  Time to cancel my subscription then.  

Its odd. Nowadays being a 'normal' student with its enormous fees is reserved for the priviledged. People that cant afford that and have to do part time, online and other courses dont get access to the benefits those priviledged few do. It shows what the student discount is really for - its not to help out "poor students" its to get potential later high earners tied in to spotify before they have to start paying full price. Everyone else can go suck it.

NUS do not support 'bogus' courses. All of the courses are genuine but tailored for people who can't attend a more traditonal establishment/course. 

Just spent time online with a Spotify agent, my student renewal is coming up. they will only accept Unidays and nothing else. guess I will update my mobile data plan and use the free service. it will probaly work out cheaper in the long run.

Suggested posts