Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscription payment failure, AGAIN!?!?!

Subscription payment failure, AGAIN!?!?!

Hi,

this is like the third time I´ve had seriously problems with my Spottily Premium monthly debilitation (I have a subscription).
This meens me going to work and all sudden some not very nice and really loud commercial screams in my ears and when I get home to check everything out there is nothing wrong with my credit card details and there´s funds in my bank account so can you please help me with this? After this happening to me a couple of times now I´m starting to get really annoyed.

In hope for help,

Linus (User Account: fnurligt)

25 Replies

Hey fnurligt, welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear your payment was rejected this month. Please check all the requirements here - I can't say for certain why your card would have been rejected though.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

My credid card has been renewed as it expired. The system tells me I need to update the detail, but the page on which I need to do this is not functioning. I can't therefore renew my subscription. It has been like this for over a week. I sent an E mail to Spotify.....no reply.

Can I get some help to maintain my subscription and therefore maintain my playlists?

Knight

Hey Knight, welcome to the Community.

Which page isn't working for you? You should just be able to change your card details over at https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/change-payment/

Let us know if there's an error with the site.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Thanks for your help. There seemed now to be no problem from my tablet. But from my PC, I cannot get the page to display normally and I get an unbroken stream of programming symbols. No matter however, the card has now been updated. Regards, Mike

Keeps rejecting my credit card to, and i know there is many more with me. 

@NickeW78 wrote:

Keeps rejecting my credit card to, and i know there is many more with me. 

It looks like we were able to take a payment successfully today. How's it looking for you?

3 years I've happily payed the premium account on a monthly plan. I also pay my daughter's subscription with my credit card - same card I use on my account, naturally. Now all of a sudden the payment was rejected (although the same card appeared just fine two days prior when my daughter's monthly account renewal was made). I'm now dropped to free user status.

I tried changing to PayPal, but I get the same "payment declined" message from Spotify as I get from my VISA now. I tried to re-enter my VISA card info, but Spotify says it is not accepted (yes, I made certain the info is correct; yes, my card is registered to the same country I am; yes, the card is not expired, etc). It has been working for 3 years without change. 

Quite annoying and surprising to see the same card was just fine for my daughter's account just a few days earlier.

Sorry about that xaarex, I've tried removing your payment details. Could you give it another go now?

Sorry, Richard: no change.

After entering my VISA card details yet again, I get: "Declined, please check or change payment details.".

After changing payment method to PayPal, everything goes smooth until I get to "Confirm purchase". Then I get this:

"Payment failed. Please make sure that you have sufficient funds and that your credit card has not expired, if you're using one. To see your current payment details please go to your subscriptions page. If you still get this message after updating your payment details please log out, log in and then try again." 

I just checked with my bank that I have plenty of money available so it can't be a problem with my account. My card expiration is due to months in the future. Also my PayPal account is of the type "premium" and my status is "verified". Also I've enabled my VISA card to be used on online purchases (which I weekly, might I add).

Ok, that's strange then. Please get in touch with our payments team through our contact form and we'll do what we can to help you out further.

Done. 

I added a new, different credit card and now the order went thru without a glitch. I'll contact my credit card issuer later. This is resolved for my part now.

Have the same problem. I have been a subscriber for a couple of years and never had any problem. None of my credit cards seem to be working. And just as the above users I have month/years to go before they expire and plenty of money on both cards... They're open to Internet payments and I recently used them to purchase things from other sites.

But Spotify keeps rejecting my attempts to pay...

Quite annoying really!

(I e-mailed the helpdesk and hoping they can resolve my issues...).

I am having the same problem. Tried all of my cards but all say declined!

Same here, 2 different cards...

Same here, tried 2 cards, the first is the one I've been using with Spotify with no problem for the last 7 months and won't expire until 2015. Country is correct, there are plenty of funds and credit, I use it everyday on line and offline...

Wrote to customer service and all I receive is an answer asking me to check this forum and the FAQs!!!!!!!

Is there anybody here to HELP????

hello,

I have been trying to pay for spotify but its not working at all! I have tried with paypal, my card but its just not working!! And I do have the money so I do not understand!! I was really exited about getting my premium account but Im just getting tired of this!!

Regards,

Nadina.

@Nadine76 wrote:

hello,

I have been trying to pay for spotify but its not working at all! I have tried with paypal, my card but its just not working!! And I do have the money so I do not understand!! I was really exited about getting my premium account but Im just getting tired of this!!

Regards,

Nadina.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The most common reasons for payments being declined are outlined in this help page so make sure your card meets all of the requirements outlined there. Most importantly, your card must be registered in the same country as your Spotify account, so be sure it is set correctly in your online profile.

If you are still having issues, there is a link on the help page above to get in touch with the customer services team 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I recieved an email saying "Payment Failure" but i go on my online banking, & its says its still pending when it had already taken that $9.99 from my account.

Suggested posts