Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Swapping audio on live album (ATTN: Listening hazard to those using earbuds)

Swapping audio on live album (ATTN: Listening hazard to those using earbuds)

Hello,

I used my distributor to upload an album to all music streaming services / retailers and once it was live, I realized there had been some sort of glitch during the delivery process. The first song is much quieter (as if, unmastered) than the rest of the album. I knew this to be a mistake of the distributor because I had previously released the same song, as a single, without issue back in November.

Right now, this poses a listening hazard for those who are using earbuds because it goes from very quiet to very loud in a matter of seconds. Could this individual track audio be swapped out without having to delete the entire album release and going through a full album's worth of tracklinking? Both Tunecore and iTunes/Apple Music has stated the capability to do this exists, but my distributor says it is not possible.

Please help? Thanks!

4 Replies

Hey @ajcrew,

Spotify can’t change your song or album titles, album art, or artist name manually.

Spotify receives your music, album art, and track info via metadata delivered to them by your label or distributor. And they’re only able to display this content in the way it’s presented to them.

If something’s wrong with your name or music, you’ll need to contact your distributor and have them submit an update to Spotify.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

So, just to clarify, it is possible to swap the audio file of a song from an album that is currently live on Spotify - correct? But this change would need to be submitted by my distributor? @Maxim

I can't guarantee that it's possible, so I'd recommend reaching out to your distributor about this. They know if it's possible or not.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The problem is that I know other distributors (e.g. Tunecore) and even other music retailers (iTunes/Apple Music) notably can swap audio files, but my distributor is refusing to do anything on my behalf in this regard so I’m forced to go straight to the platform.

I know that typical Spotify protocol says: “We’re only able to display music on Spotify the way it’s presented to us by your distributor”, however, I own all of my masters, IP, copyrights and they’re all accounted for via my self-owned label/LLC and considering the fact my distributor isn’t complying with my requests, I should be able to step in on my own behalf since I can verify my ownership.

Is there any way I can make this happen?

Suggested posts