Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Telia subscription name issue

Solved!

Telia subscription name issue

Hi. I've got a Spotify subscription from Telia, but I get a problem when I try to activate it. My Spotify username consists of an Ü character and the problem is that it doesn't accept such characters. I do not wish to make a new account and I have done this before (less than two years back, when it didn't reject such characters) so I really don't think that it cannot be fixed.

I have spoken to Telia and asked if they were able to do it manually, but they say that their activation service is linked with Spotify and therefore they cannot do it any other way than through the service itself. So I'm asking if you could investigate this and see if you could either fix the service or change my username (I know that this is not normally possible) or otherwise find a solution. I would be very grateful!

I guess the last resort would be to make a new account and transfer all of the over 100 playlists and lose my subscribers. I don't know if it is possible to fix, but I would be very happy if it were 🙂

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Überpallz, welcome to the Community.

I'm afraid that we don't have a workaround for this and can't change usernames once they're set up in the system.

We'd be more than happy to help out with getting a new account set up though. We can transfer your playlists across from the old one.

I'd recommend we carry this on by email, so feel free to get in touch via our contact form. Feel free to let us know your case number so I can chase it up for you.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there. I've asked someone from spotify staff to check this out for you
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Marked as solution

Hey Überpallz, welcome to the Community.

I'm afraid that we don't have a workaround for this and can't change usernames once they're set up in the system.

We'd be more than happy to help out with getting a new account set up though. We can transfer your playlists across from the old one.

I'd recommend we carry this on by email, so feel free to get in touch via our contact form. Feel free to let us know your case number so I can chase it up for you.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Thx Licenced 🙂

And thx Richard. It seems like such a trivial thing from the outside to fix but I guess you have valid reasons (read: I still love you Spotify).

This is my new account and I sent a help mail with the case number 00405953, so I guess we'll take it from there.

@Uberpallz wrote:

Thx Licenced 🙂

And thx Richard. It seems like such a trivial thing from the outside to fix but I guess you have valid reasons (read: I still love you Spotify).

This is my new account and I sent a help mail with the case number 00405953, so I guess we'll take it from there.

Great. Got one of our top swedish speakers on the case.

Suggested posts