Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tried going for student discount but failed... still got charged.

Solved!

Tried going for student discount but failed... still got charged.

I already used the contact form and sent a tweet but I'm not sure how  long it's going to take for them to get back to me so I thought I would give it a try here as well. Tried going for the discount, input my debit card information and got stuck on the student verification. After awhile I gave up and closed it out (this was a day or two ago). Checked my bank account about an hour ago and there's a $4.99 charge from

"POS DEBIT ADY*SPOTIFY USA 646-8375380 NY" but I never completed the transaction as I said, I left the entire process after giving up on the student verification. I checked my account details for both "Subscriptions" and "Receipts" tab but it shows nothing about me getting charged for the $4.99. Any help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!
You need to contact Spotify support:
https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/
Select these options: Subscription -> I paid for Premium but my account is still on Free -> I still need help
If they will reply with a no-reply email, reply to it, even though it is a no-reply.
Tell me if it worked, please 😉 Have a great day!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello!
You need to contact Spotify support:
https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/
Select these options: Subscription -> I paid for Premium but my account is still on Free -> I still need help
If they will reply with a no-reply email, reply to it, even though it is a no-reply.
Tell me if it worked, please 😉 Have a great day!

The same thing is happening with me too! I got charged TWICE. I noticed it happened whenever I did the student verification. I searched on Google and apparently AD*SPOTIFY is a fraud company but maybe it isn't?

I did it once more and screen recorded it just to see if it would show on my bank statement but it actually worked this time and I got a reciept from Spotify. I'm hoping to contact my bank tomorrow to see if they think it's a fraud. 

Would love to know if Spotify got back to you about this issue! 

Hello @12135997035!
Please contact them using the contact form too 😉
Have a great day!

Suggested posts