Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trying to upgrade to premium, payment page not loading

Trying to upgrade to premium, payment page not loading

Hi

I am trying to upgrade from a free trial to a premium account, I get to the page where it will ask me to enter my payment details but all I am getting is a blank screen.  I have tried it on Windows, my iphone, my ipad and I cannot go any further. Is there someone I can talk to to upgrade?

Thanks

66 Replies

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community.

I'm sorry to see that you're having trouble subscribing. Can I confirm that you're visiting the following address when this happens: spotify.com/account/subscription?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Unfortunately I have the exact same problem, have been trying to upgrade my account since yesterday (Dutch spotify site) but none of the payment pages (both creditcard and PayPal) will work. I'm new to Spotify.

I have tried to upgrade my account via my mobile phone, Firefox and Internet explorer. In 3 days my premium trial will expire and I will have no access to my offline playlists. So I am a bit disappointed right now. It's like Spotify doesn't want me to upgrade my account 😉

Your link is not working.

I use https://www.spotify.com/nl/purchase/product/premium/?

When I try PayPal I get this notice:

Oops! An Error Occurred

The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".

Something is broken. Please e-mail us at [email] and let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

@bo1988 If you have the 30 day trial then you must have registered a payment method already and, as you already have Premium, there is no need to upgrade - I guess that's why you get the unhelpful error message when you try.

Just confirm that this page shows you have Premium and change your payment method here, if that's what you want.

I can also confirm I am having this issue - 03.09.14 and I am visiting the page you suggest.

Please can you assist??

I am also having this problem, currently have 3 days left of 7 day trial and want to upgrade to subscription via the 30 day free, appears to be no choice. Pay by visa doesn't, the PayPal and pay by mobile both give a "oh no something went wrong" page.

very annoying

What country are you in guys? @John8141 @Driver_ben

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello,

I have a payment issue. I want to suscribe a premium account but :

- With CB payment i have a blank page

- With paypal i have an spotify error page

Thanks for help

----------------------

Bonjour,

J'ai un problème pour m'inscrire. Impossible de payer :

- Page blanche pour la CB

- Page d'erreur spotify avec paypal

Merci

I have the same problem

What country are you guys in?

Peter

France

Peter I'm in the uk

I too am having the exact same problem from the UK. I got a 7 day free trial, then got an email to extend that to a 30 day free trial. try through that link in the email, or through the site directly and any payment option you select, the next page either has an error or is blank!

Frustrating as I only have 3 days left of premium...

Strange, is it possible to try a different browser?

Peter

I have tried using my iPad, my iphone, Chrome, internet explorer and Firefox. It's highly frustrating...

No idea ?

Holland

Just asking around about this, apparently there was an issue earlier but it should now be fixed. Could you try again?

If it's still not working, could you grab a screenshot?

Peter

Could you grab a screenshot?

Peter

Suggested posts