Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Two different accounts link to the same playlists

Two different accounts link to the same playlists

For some reason, two of the accounts in our family premium plan have the same content. When one of them logs into the app using his email address, it instantly shows his sister's profile avatar and Facebook name. He isn't logging in using Facebook, just email & password. His sister's account is showing her name, but it has all of her brother's playlists. Is it possible for 2 accounts to merge like that? I have no idea how to fix this. I tried removing each one from our premium plan and resetting passwords and nothing is working. I've signed them out of all devices as well (in each separate account). He has deleted the app from his phone and re-installed it as well. Any ideas?

1 Reply

Hey @natkisson,

Tell them to try logging into their Spotify profile on their browser here with their respective emails. Their usernames will be displayed after login (which should be different).

After that, check the status of subscription. If everything looks ok, tell them to logout of the app in their devices, and be sure to use their respective usernames, instead of the email address, to login. Each one should login to their own accounts.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts