Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unlink Facebook

Solved!

Unlink Facebook

How do I unlink spotify from my facebook accout. I keep trying to delete my facebook page but everytime I log into spotify it reactivates it.

236 Replies

@hoy8545 

There is no other way around this. You will have to make a new account.

I suggest you contact support so they can help you transfer all your stuff to a non-Facebook Spotify account that uses a username and password to login:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

why cant i unlink my fb account from my spotify premium account?? im trying to deactivate my account from fb but i cant because they i wont be able to listen to spotify

@karenserrano 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you transfer all your stuff to a non-Facebook Spotify account that uses a username and password to login. You will need to create a new Spotify account that uses a username, and include that username with the description of your problem when you are contacting support.

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I used your link to contact customer support and got this message:

Contact Spotify Support

Your email is not valid, please change it here so we can get back to you

The email address on my account is the same old gmail I use for everything I do. How do I contact Spotify about an issue that disallows me from contacting Spotify?

Thanks in advance for any help

Where do I do that? I have a new face book account and I want to change from my old face book account to my new one because I have spotify premium.

don't worry about it I have another solution.

I had to create a new facebook account for legal purposes. I would love to close this old one but cannot simply because my Spotify is linked to it. I pay monthly for this service and it is absurd that they have no capability to switch my account to link it with my current facebook account. This is something they need to correct. When people pay monthly for your service, you should at least have a good customer service department to fix simple issues like this. Please get it together or you will lose me as a customer.

Hi guys!

I am Spotify Premium member before its integration with facebook. I have never join my facebook account with my Spotify. The other day I run out of battery and logged into Spotify on my cousin's phone. I don't know what he did but accidentially joined my Spotify with his facebook account. I do what it is said here, disconnect from Facebook. Then I click connect and it asks for a facebook account. I introduce mine with my password, and it connects anyway to my cousin's facebook again!! it doesn't make any sense. I would like to have it as before, so no connection with any facebook at all, and even less with my cousin. What can I do? I have already tried "preferences, disconnect..." thanks!!

@Richard wrote:

Hey Kelmu, try this:
1. Disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook.
You can do this in your Spotify Preferences (Spotify » Preferences in Mac and Edit » Preferences in Windows)
2. Exit Spotify.
3. Log in to your Facebook account in your web browser.
4. Run Spotify again and reconnect to Facebook.

Hi, i just deactivated my facebook account and make new account through sign up, and i lost my premium, i am using iPhone 6+ and can't find preferences to unlink from facebook. I need solution. Thanks

3+ years for this thread, and there is still no solutions apart recreate his account ?

It must be a joke right ?

You are so right !

Even companies like Facebook have better customer service - and we use it FOR FREE.

Here we are paying premium subscriptions what the hell !

This is ridiculous, I can't believe this much time has gone by and I'm having this very problem.

I have a premium account with tons of playlists, music saved, etc. Plus I'm a student and it took forever to get that discount applied. I no longer have Facebook and can't access my account without it, so if I'm forced to completely start over I'll certainly go with another service.

I CANCLED MY SPOTIFY ACCOUNT AND THEY STILL CHARGED ME!!! I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS! CAN THEY PLS REFUND ME THE MONEY!

So then what happens to my subscription when I flat out create a new account and delete my old one? what happens to my playlists and saved songs? I have a student subscribtion active at the moment so that will essentially be a waste of my money because I won't be able to reactivate it.

This sucks SO MUCH. All my albums and playlists I spent ages creating, and just because I want to opt out of Facebook I have to lose it all and start over. Why in the name of god wouldn't you give people a way to unhook from it, especially when people are leaving FB in droves.

FIX THIS!!!

I found that if you have your user name and password you can actually go into Spotify without signing in with face book. I have done it and it works, you just have to remember your user name and password and you are in.
Innocenza Mary Morehouse

Aside from the buggy play queue on Android, this whole Facebook-brouhaha of Spotify that they can't fix is another major display of stupidity.

I created Spotify account using Facebook 1 year ago. So I log in using facebook since then.

Then I wanted to go monthly premium but I don't want to use the Spotify account created via Facebook because I know that this FB account of mine is non-permanent.

So I signed up a new regular Spotify account using email. I bought premium subscription. I transferred my playlists from the old Facebook-linked Spotify account into the new Premium account.

Then I unlinked Facebook with the old Spotify account. All went well. 

I'm happy using my new Spotify premium account. But now I needed to share information with my Facebook friends so I attempted to link this new premium accout to my Facebook account. And I got error saying I can't link my Facebook account because it is already being used or already linked to another Spotify account (probably my old spotify account that I can't delete).

This is insane! Stupid software. Now, do you want me to create another Facebook account that I will be able to link to my Spotify premium account? This is not only insane, also very very stupid!

Wait till Deezer and Google become available into my country and you will know the outcome of this!

Hi

How do you transfer the play list from the old account to the new one. I
would also like to know how to unlink my face book account from Spotify? I
don't use my old account anymore as it is now a free Spotify not premium. My
premium one is not linked face book at all so I am glad of that.

Cheers

Innocenza Morehouse

Suggested posts