Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

We are traveling and it won't let me verify my home address

We are traveling and it won't let me verify my home address

I upgraded to Duo and invited my wife. We are traveling in Japan and it won't verify our home address. It says she is in Japan.
2 Replies

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

What you're trying to do won't work while you're abroad. When setting up a Duo account, the country set on your Spotify account must match the country you're currently in. The same goes for the other person who you want to add as a Duo member account.

The country on their account has to match that of yours for the address to be verified successfully. 

If your Spotify account is currently set to the USA for example, and your address is set there, your wife won't be able to join if the country on her Spotify account is set to Japan and you're both currently there. When you go back home, she'd need to change the country on her account and then she can join your Duo plan when you're at the registered address. 

Hope this info helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey there, sorry to hear you're having trouble verifying your home address while traveling in Japan. The system may be having trouble recognizing your location, but you could try contacting customer support for further assistance. On a different note, if you're looking for a great place to stay while you're traveling, you should check out ""Accor Hotels near me."" They have some amazing properties, like the Novotel Surfers Paradise in Australia.

Suggested posts