Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't change the language of my notifications

I can't change the language of my notifications

I'm spanish, but my sister wants to learn Italian, so she change her spotify to Italian. The problem is the official notifications(login alerts, payments, spotify news) appeared in Italian to me. I'm the principal user of a family account. Please help
11 Replies

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

This sounds a bit odd. Your sister's account shouldn't impact what language you receive notifications since you're using a different account. 

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of your App's Settings - Language section? It'll also be great if you can confirm what country you're in. 

Note: Be aware this is a public space, so please don't share any personal info on the screenshot you'll send us.

We'll be on the lookout for your update. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I change the language at my mobile phone(android 12) but you have the pic there showing it is in Spanish. I live in Spain

Screenshot_20230329-170117_Settings.jpg

Hey @Kitiepride,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you please let us know where your sister changed the language from? Is it possible that she was logged in your account when she did it?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, thank you

I don't really know if she change it on my account, I think maybe she did it on one of my computers, but she can only access to her own account now. It is possible that that puntual change of language keep it changed for all this time? Now all my spotifys are in Spanish for sure

Hey @Kitiepride,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We'd suggest that you double check with her if she changed the language. 

On another note, could you please elaborate more. By saying that your Spotify's are in Spanish, do you mean that you're getting notifications in the right language now? Or you meant that the Spotify app installed on a various devices is in Spanish language? 

We'll be on the lookout for your update. 

LyubkaModerator

Hello again

Thank you for your help

I'm sure that my sister don't have access to my account anymore, I disconnected my spotify from any device and I only log on a private few.

I meant that my apps are in Spanish, the notifications are in Italian, like this one on Tuesday.

Screenshot_20230331-092649_Outlook.jpg

Hey @Kitiepride,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please let us know if the e-mail that you see at the bottom of those email notifications is matching the one registered on your account? You can see the e-mail for your Spotify account on your account page and compare it with the one in the e-mail. 

Let us know how things work out. We'll be keeping an eye out for your response.

LyubkaModerator

Hello again

Yes, the email match my spotify account, but I usually log in spotify by facebook, if that's help

Hey @Kitiepride,

Thanks for your reply.

Please try opening your account in a browser and changing the language from the bottom right corner of the page. After a while, you should start receiving the notification emails in that language.

We hope this helps.

MihailYModerator

Hello

It is already in Spanish of Spain. 

Hey @Kitiepride,

If the language of your Spotify notification emails hasn't changed yet, it's best to reach out to the folks over at Customer Support, as they're the ones who can take a closer look at this and assist you further.

Let us know if there's anything else.

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts