Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What % of tracks on Spotify are streamed at 320kbps?

Solved!

What % of tracks on Spotify are streamed at 320kbps?

Hi,

Do we know (or can Spotify confirm!) how many tracks online are indeed streamable at 320kbps?

Is there a way of seeing the stream quality within the Spotify Application?

Cheers,

Mick

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

100%.

All tracks from lossless.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi Mick,

If you have a Premium subscription, and have high quality enabled, it should be 99.99% of the catalogue.

Jude explains things a little better here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/How-To-See-Bitrate-on-Macintosh/m-p/115358#M4650
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

I would imagine so, the blog post does mention Spotify get the tracks in lossless format I think.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

8 Replies
Marked as solution

100%.

All tracks from lossless.

Marked as solution

Hi Mick,

If you have a Premium subscription, and have high quality enabled, it should be 99.99% of the catalogue.

Jude explains things a little better here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/How-To-See-Bitrate-on-Macintosh/m-p/115358#M4650
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

That was posted in 2011 too.

Peter

So what happened to those tracks? Were they completely back-tracked and replaced or they've just become 'diluted' and become part of the 0.01%?

They where updated to 320kbps as far as I am aware, the original blog post posted an update after the original went out:

Important Update (16/08/2011): Spotify converted a great number of recordings to 320 kbps in the past few weeks. See new comments here and in GetSatisfaction for more details.

But no more details than that. The GetSatisfaction forum is no longer accessible to check out either. 

Peter

I sincerely hope they didn't 'convert' anything to 320kbps, unless of course you mean convert from lossless to 320kbps?

Marked as solution

I would imagine so, the blog post does mention Spotify get the tracks in lossless format I think.

Peter

Suggested posts