Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When is Spotify gonna be available in Russia?

When is Spotify gonna be available in Russia?

Hey. There is a Lotta ppl in Russia, who's willing to pay for even premium account, not to mention there is even more ppl who's willing to listen to commercial (even twice as much more commercial) between the songs just to get access to amazing Spotify music library. So I am wondering - have you even considered the possibility of opening the Spotify branch in Russia?
Thanks.Kind Regards.
Vlad from Russia.
7 Replies

Hey Vlad,

We want Spotify to be available to absolutely everyone, but we can't say if or when we'll be coming to Russia, I'm afraid.

For any updates, keep an eye on our blog... www.spotify.com/blog
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hey there.

I'm sorry that there is no Spotify in Russia.

However I have other news for you. Deezer streaming service is available in Russia!

Let me know if you need help.

Hey there.

Spotify is now translated into Russian. So does it mean Spotify is soon available in Russian Federation?

spotify russia.png

Hi vlad,
Spotify will be soon all over the world. You will enjoy!!
Best regards

It seems that Spotify is not yet available in Russia. Is this because of US/EU sanctions against Russia and/or the current political situation between Russia and The West?

@Wicked_Womb 

The sanctions/political situation is probably not the main reason why Spotify is not available in Russia.

For Spotify to launch in a country, they have to get approval rights and licensing agreements from all the major record labels so users can stream music in Russia. They also have to setup some form of presence inside of that country. For example Spotify tries to usually have an office in at least every country they are available in.

Spotify's mission is to be available in every single country, but it's hard to do that when record labels won't agree.

The same situation is happening for China and Japan... those are very tough markets for Spotify to enter into.

Maybe one day...

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts