Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Why can't I update my login methods?

Solved!

Why can't I update my login methods?

When I go to update my login methods, specifically to add my e-mail as a method, it keeps popping an error saying "something went wrong, please try again". I also tried to set it up with my Google account, but received the same message.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @RoothlessRuby, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you try editing your login methods here using a different browser or private window? You can also try using a different network connection as that can make a difference. If you're still facing trouble, can you send me a screenshot of any error messages you're seeing? Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @RoothlessRuby, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you try editing your login methods here using a different browser or private window? You can also try using a different network connection as that can make a difference. If you're still facing trouble, can you send me a screenshot of any error messages you're seeing? Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have the same problem. I want to add a login method, but it says "something went wrong". It happens after I click on Google and login with google account.

Hey @žbt,

Thanks for joining the thread!
I would suggest trying out this approach to see if it would make a difference:

1. Log in to your Spotify account as you usually do.
  2. Under Security and privacy, click Login methods.
  3. Add Google to your login methods.

For more tips on how logging in with Google works, you can also visit this page.
Hope this helps! 

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It is not working for me too;  it is now facebook and I just want to update to e-mail. 

Same message "something went wrong"

Thank you so much for your suggestion! I tried the same process on a separate network and it went through! I used my Phone's network (Verizon) instead of my home computer. 

I've tried all the suggestions on here but am still having trouble getting Spotify to recognize Facebook. I've tried incognito browsers, using a different network, resetting my password.

In Facebook, it says I'm connected to Spotify, but when I try to add Facebook as a login method in Spotify, I get the "Something went wrong" error message. 

fb-spotify.jpg
spotify-error.jpg

Hey @patch900,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for the screenshots you've attached to your post. It really helps us out when we have visuals of what happens on your end. 

Could it be possible that your Facebook is connected to a different Spotify account? If so that would be the reason why you are receiving this error message. 

We'd recommend taking a look at the connected account to make sure its the same account you're trying to link to. As another step you could try to link them again after clearing your browsers cache and cookies. 

Hope that help out!

Cheers.

MartinModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts