Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Country for Top Tracks

Wrong Country for Top Tracks

I recently signed up to Spotify, using an Australian address and Australian credit card.  When I go to the "Top Tracks" I get the top tracks for Sweden (many of which are "Not allowed in my region").  I went back to the Spotify website and sure enough, in the bottom right where it says 'Country' it was set to 'Sweden'.  I changed that to Australia, then logged out and logged back in - still top tracks for Sweden.  I uninstalled Spotify and reinstalled it - still top tracks for Sweden.  I waited a day then uninstalled and reinstalled - still top tracks for Sweden.  This is driving me nuts!  How do I get the top tracks for Australia (I'd settle for an English speaking country like the UK or US!)

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You can actually change the location of the top tracks from inside the desktop client. 

Just head over the the "Top Lists" section, and in the top right hand corner of each column there is an arrow. Clicking on that arrow will allow you to change the country displayed 😉

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

2012-11-05_1135.png

Thanks for your responses, but I'm not using the desktop client.  I get Spotify through my Logitech Squeezebox.  Is there a way to change that setting through the Squeezebox app, or via the website, or do I need to download and set-up the desktop client to do this?

Update: I did download and install the desktop client, and it went straight to the Australian Top Tracks.  My Squeezebox is still showing the Swedish Top Tracks.  Anyone know how I refresh this (uninstalling and resinstalling the app doesn't seem to be doing it for me)

I have been told that you can control your Squeezebox account country at the Squeezebox website.

See how that goes.

Suggested posts