Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong name and picture in my account

Solved!

Wrong name and picture in my account

Hi

I have a account and i know that my son have been in to it. Now when i log in i see his name and facebook picture in the upper right and i  can't change it to my name and picture. How do i change it back?

Helene

180 Replies

Strange. I see that Peter did respond to your original poest in this thread. Did you try his suggestions and what was the result?

Hi,

The name on my account is "Paul Dews" which is wrong.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Tom

Hey Tom 🙂 

In the desktop client go to:

Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook

That should remove whoevers account yours has become connected to. You can then reconnect to your own if you like. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey,

Thanks so much for the reply.

Yes I'd already disconnected/reconnected my facebook account, but the name still says Paul Dews?

Any further ideas?

Cheers

Tom

Sometimes it can take a while for the pages to update over on the Spotify server side, so I would give it 24 hours to fix itself.

You might be able to do a clean out of old data in your local client with a quick clean reinstallation

Peter

Peter

blauweboomvinvis - From looking at our system I can confirm that your account is connected to a different Facebook profile. As Peter mentioned above, you can disconnect Spotify through the Preferences in the desktop client (edit » Preferences on Windows or Spotify » Preferences on Mac). Just scroll down to the Social Network tab, press 'Disconnect from Facebook' and that will do the trick.

uclacec - Everything is looking good on our end. Please wait 24 hours and you should no longer see the wrong name and profile picture.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Heyy
Can you  please take care of my account too. I have the right photo, but the wrong name. Thanks! 

nutnut - If you have connected Facebook to your Spotify account then you will see your Facebook display name (rather than your Spotify username on your account) as well as your profile picture. Are you seeing someone else's name?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

I have the excact same problem. Could you take care of this account as well please? 🙂

jenstolstrup

@JensT wrote:

I have the excact same problem. Could you take care of this account as well please? 🙂

jenstolstrup

Hey JensT 🙂

What is the exact issue you are having? 

If its the wrong name and picture showing in your client, just head to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook and then reconnect it with your own Facebook account. 

Peter

Peter

Hi, I have the same issue - my husband connected to Facebook via my Spotify Premium and now his name is shown on top right! I have tried everything suggested (disconnect from Facebook button and reinstalled etc) to no effect. please help me get my account right. i have had my husband and my own fb accounts deactivated because of this issue and until it is resolved. please help me.

Hello,

I use spotfiy for our radio station playlist. I made the account threw a email not facebook but when one of our team members logged, his facebook connceted and now the username an picture is his from facebook. I've tried disconnceting facebook threw his account and spotfiy but it stil hasn't fixed the problem. What do I do now?

@kmetradio wrote:

Hello,

I use spotfiy for our radio station playlist. I made the account threw a email not facebook but when one of our team members logged, his facebook connceted and now the username an picture is his from facebook. I've tried disconnceting facebook threw his account and spotfiy but it stil hasn't fixed the problem. What do I do now?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Sometimes it can take a while for that data to disappear again, since it stored temporarily on both the servers and in the client. Don't worry, it will normally correct itself within 24 hours!

Peter

Peter

thanks peter, i will just have to wait and hopefully it just works out.

Could you help fix mine. It connects with my sisters instead of mine. 

@metskelly wrote:

Could you help fix mine. It connects with my sisters instead of mine. 

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Is your username "metskelly"? 

If so, I can confirm is it not connected to your sisters accunt 😛 

Peter

Peter

I have the same problem.. I currently have my girlfriends facebook live and I don't even use Facebook.

Please help, I want it removing.

@thmozza wrote:

I have the same problem.. I currently have my girlfriends facebook live and I don't even use Facebook.

Please help, I want it removing.

Hey! 🙂 

In the desktop client have you tried:

Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook? 

Peter

Peter

Peter, you were right, i disconnected under preferences on spotify and reconnected with my current facebook account and it works. at first only my photo would change but the name was the same. i waited for a day and this morning i noticed that my name has changed as well. Thank you for the help.

Hi. I've the same Issue. The picture is right but the name is wrong. Can you help me? 🙂

Suggested posts