Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong name and picture in my account

Solved!

Wrong name and picture in my account

Hi

I have a account and i know that my son have been in to it. Now when i log in i see his name and facebook picture in the upper right and i  can't change it to my name and picture. How do i change it back?

Helene

180 Replies

Hi, 

someone has used once my ipad to connect to his spotify account and since then his username and picture appear, although I use my own username and password to log in. I get the same problem when I log in through my iphone or mac.

Could you please fix this problem? 

Thank you in advance

In the Mac Spotify client, go to Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook and that should correct it (although sometimes it can take a little time).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

I installed spotify at my work computer and it somehow connected to the ex-employee's name and picture.

I followed the instructions of disconnecting from facebook and also uninstalling+reinstalling Spotify.

On the internet, Spotify profile seems to be resolved with my username "arcaneskin" and no picture.

However, on spotify app on my work desktop, the name and picture is still of the ex-employee.

PLEASE HELP!!

Thank you.

arcaneskin

@arcaneskin - How long ago did you disconnect? It can take a little time for the client to remove the Facebook data (up to 48 hours).

Peter

@Peter thank you for your quick response. I disconnected from facebook maybe 20 minutes ago! sure, I'll wait another 48 hours to see if the profile picture and name has been changed to arcaneskin.

Thank you.

Hi Peter, my user name is visible now!

Thank you for your help.

Glad to hear it! 🙂

Peter

Hi,

I have an account and so does my partner and it seems that both of our accounts have linked together.

We both have tried logging out and logging in seperatly but nothing works.

How do I change this?

Mark.

@mwilliams1982 - I'm assuming one of you logs in using Facebook and the other with a Spotify username? 

In the desktop client, go to Edit/Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook and that will break the link. 

If one of you ends up with a blank account (normally the Facebook login), get with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to lend a hand to get your account restored. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

I tried that and still has the accounts linked.

Any other suggestions?

Get in touch using the form in my post above and the support guys can look into it a little closer for you.

Peter

Hey, Im having the same issues.. I accidently linked my facebook to my wifes account with out realizing she was signed in to FB.

I undid it and used my account but when using the app on my PC it shows her name and pic still at the top right.

My FB is link to my account but like i said the name and pic is wrong at top right.

Even logged in at website it shows wrong pic but correct username.

Please help!

@kfranco77 - It can take up to 48 hours for the data feeds from Facebook to be refreshed.

If you are still seeing incorrect data after that long, try re-installing the app:
http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter

Thanks for the response.

I did my own research and found that out already. Its been more than a week now and it still has not refreshed.

Im going to uninstall my spotify and do it again and see what that does.

Uninstalled the program and installed again.

Still not working.

When logged in to Spotify with the icon installed to my PC, at the tope right it shows "My Wifes Name" and picture.

She does not have spotify, nor does she have the app on on our FB cause i took it off thinking it would let me fix.

What is the Spotify username of your account?

Peter

My username is kfranco77

the username shown on my PC when logging in shows my wifes name.

I'm having a similar issue.

I used Spotify with my account on a friend's PC. He didn't have Spotify at the time, but he made an account afterwards.

I believe he linked his facebook account to my spotify account, of which I forgot log out.

Today I launched my desktop client and disconnected from his fb account and tried to link mine, without success. The facebook login window that pops up never disappears after I click the login button. Like kfranco77, I have my freinds name and picture on the client and wrong pic on the website, even after loging out of my freinds fb.

I tried to create a new spotify account using my facebook directly and then linking that to my existing spotify account. Again, failure.

My friend also has problems. When he logs on with his facebook he sees my spotify account. He made an account with his email and tried to link it with his fb. Fail.

Sethvii, thats my same problem i have.
Ive tried all that I can but literally stuck now.
I dont want to create a new account or anything cause i have SOOOOO many custom playlist and stuff haha.

Sounds like we both need the same resolution and asap...

@kfranco77 - Sounds like there is definitely something up with your account, can you open a case with the support guys here and they will investigate further?:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

@sethviii - What happens if you use the manual connect to Facebook button from your online account?

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter

Suggested posts