Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

change country

Solved!

change country

Hello, I used to be the main account for spotify premium for my family members, but as we live in Malaysia as well, we decided to change to family premium as its far cheaper than Danish spotify. But the issue is even though im in malaysia right now, i can't switch countries. My mother is paying for it, and everything has been setup through her account. We even paid 1 year of premium through spotify malaysia

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Malaysia/Denmark

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Okay, i got it fixed a while ago. But had to contact spotify support to reset my account to free status then it worked.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey 

I found this following proceedure on the Costumer Support page.

" If you have Premium, you can use Spotify anywhere in the world for as long as you like! But if you permanently move to another country, you need to update your payment method to one that's issued in your new country:

Click Change payment method.

Select Change country at the bottom and select your new country from the pop up. Enter a new payment method (that was issued in your new country). " 

Hope this help      

For more details check out https://support.spotify.com/us/article/how-can-i-change-my-country-setting/

I tried doing that, but its now messed up. and the change payment option is now greyed out.

Hey @11123349791,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Can you please try opening an Incognito window? Then you can copy-paste the subscription page in there and try performing the steps from the article again

Let us know how it goes 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Marked as solution

Okay, i got it fixed a while ago. But had to contact spotify support to reset my account to free status then it worked.

Suggested posts