Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

deleted track still showing when sharing

Solved!

deleted track still showing when sharing

Something odd is happening with my playlist. A track that was deleted some time ago, is still showing up when I share the playlist.

Here's my current playlist sorted by song title. The tracks starting with L are highlighted. As you can see there's no Let Some Air In.

Schermafbeelding 2012-12-15 om 10.32.54.png

But when I post the link on our Facebook page, the first track showing is Let Some Air In/

Schermafbeelding-2012-12-15-om-10.33.jpg

also when I visited the web page of the playlist (http://open.spotify.com/user/northseajazz/playlist/4aaKx3QdWvdhuqQS36UpEl) the track is showing:

Schermafbeelding-2012-12-15-om-10.34.jpg

I already tried adding and removing it again. Does anyone have an idea what might cause this track to mysteriously keep showing up? Could this be some caching issue and is there a way to flush the cache?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, I know you last posted over a month ago, but I've just worked out a solution for this.

What is happening is that the 'missing' track has been removed from the Spotify catalogue but is still in your playlist.

You can't see the track in your playlist because you are hiding unplayable tracks.

To fix it: In your desktop client you need to go to Preferences and deselect 'Hide unplayable tracks'.

Go back to your playlist and the missing track will appear 'greyed out'. You can then highlight and delete this track. 

It will no longer appear in your embedded playlists.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I'm still seeing it when I search for your playlist. Could you log out and in on your desktop, does it still appear? If so, can you try deleting it again?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Just logged out and in. I can't delete the track because it's not showing in my Spotify playlist in the desktop client program.

nsj-spotify.jpg

That's the odd thing. It's not there, but shows up when sharing like here:

http://www.northseajazz.com/nl/playlists

Just deleted all tracks in the playlist

Schermafbeelding 2013-01-05 om 10.05.06.png

butt still the alain clark is showing when I look at the embeded playlist

Schermafbeelding 2013-01-05 om 10.05.17.png

There's no way to get this track deleted... Anyone have an idea or suggestion?

Marked as solution

Hi, I know you last posted over a month ago, but I've just worked out a solution for this.

What is happening is that the 'missing' track has been removed from the Spotify catalogue but is still in your playlist.

You can't see the track in your playlist because you are hiding unplayable tracks.

To fix it: In your desktop client you need to go to Preferences and deselect 'Hide unplayable tracks'.

Go back to your playlist and the missing track will appear 'greyed out'. You can then highlight and delete this track. 

It will no longer appear in your embedded playlists.

Great, thank you. That was the trick. Now it's gone.

Huge help - I had the same problem.

Suggested posts