limit to songs in library?

Solved!
Highlighted

limit to songs in library?

Regular

I recently got a notice that I had too many songs saved-- and couldn't save any more. I'm a premium member and had never heard about this limit. Does any know more about this limit? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: limit to songs in library?

Community Legend

@mrfishy

The limit only applies to downloaded songs although there is a limit on 10,000 tracks per playlist. There should be no problem adding more songs to a downloaded playlist which you can listen to online.

If you want to turn off downloading feature you just press the green button in the right corner after entering a playlist. 

Hope I could answer all your questions. Please like this comment and "Accept as solution" If you're satisfied with my service.

Have an awesome day! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted

Community Legend

Hi there @mrfishy

There is actually a limit for saved songs as a Premium user. If you have more than 3333 songs downloaded on a single device then, unfortunately, you will not be able to download more songs on that device. You can read more about it in the link below.

https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/collect_music/how-many-tracks-can-i-sync-to-my-device/

Just ask if you have any more questions. Have a great day!

Highlighted

Regular

Thanks! Does the limit just apply to downloaded songs?  Can I have more songs in my library if I don't download them? and if so, is there a way to turn off the download feature as most of the time I'm streaming. many thanks

Highlighted
Solution!

Community Legend

@mrfishy

The limit only applies to downloaded songs although there is a limit on 10,000 tracks per playlist. There should be no problem adding more songs to a downloaded playlist which you can listen to online.

If you want to turn off downloading feature you just press the green button in the right corner after entering a playlist. 

Hope I could answer all your questions. Please like this comment and "Accept as solution" If you're satisfied with my service.

Have an awesome day! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Regular

many thanks!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I just reached the 10.000 song limit and I am not downloading anything to my PC. I am downloading a few albums to my phone to protect my data plan but not many.

So why am I told that my collection is full? I add new songs to my collection or or albums from artists I discover on the way. But I don't download them, so how can this be of any cost to Spotify? It is just bookmarks so they are easier to find again.

Highlighted

It doesn't make any sense that the library would have a lower limit than a playlist. Also, it doesn't seem to be true that it only applies to downloaded songs--do you mean "saved" because I wasn't under the impression that saving a song to your library meant that it was downloaded. I reached a limit of songs on my library...haven't counted, but its annoying that I cannot just dump all the music I might want in one place to sort through over time via playlists.

SUGGESTED POSTS