Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

paymethod failiure

Solved!

paymethod failiure

Hi!

I have currenly had spotify premium, this was taken away when my card expired. This happened in September i think.

Now have a new card and have registrated it to spotify, when i try to activate spotify premium again a red panel comes up and it says something like: your payment method has failed.

I have looked on my mail and there is no mail about activation that i need to do or anything in that matter.

I have tried both paypal and trough my creditcard it selfe, i dont know what i have to do for this to work... please help me...

Ps. i have also sent two mails to you about this and i have not got any awnsers. It was 1 week ago i sent the first mail.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I found out that my creditcard was locked for payments abroad.

Thanks for the help and fast replies!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there!

There is some things you need to check befoire payment.

Payment by card

There are some main requirements that your card must fulfil in order to use it to subscribe to Spotify Premium or Spotify Unlimited.

1. Ensure that your card has not expired. If you have received a new card, update your credit card details on your Subscription page
  2. The country set in your Spotify account profile must match the country where your card is registered. If you intend to use a payment method in another country, you can make this selection on your Subscription page (We can only accept payment from our launch countries).
  3. Your card should be enabled for e-commerce transactions (Verified by Visa/Mastercard SecureCode).
  4. Your card must also be open to be used for foreign purchases.

After verifying these with your bank, ensure you have enough funds in your account and give it another try from your Subscription page.

Payment by PayPal

Please contact PayPal in order to get more information on how to verify your account in your country.

If you have fulfilled the above criteria, and your payment has still failed, your card issuer (bank or credit card company) should be able to provide more information.

Information from Spotify.

Hello, now I have looked at all links in Payment by card that you sent me. The payment still does not work.

I suggest that you ask from bank what's going on with this.

However you might be able to get Premium this way http://www.spotify.com/fi/get-spotify/e-card/

I hope that this works for you in no time.

Marked as solution

I found out that my creditcard was locked for payments abroad.

Thanks for the help and fast replies!

Hey there!

Glad to hear you're able to use Spotify payments again.

Enjoy your Spotify!

Suggested posts