Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Log In With Facebook" doesn't log me in to Spotify

"Log In With Facebook" doesn't log me in to Spotify

At the log in screen of the Spotify application, when I click "Log In With Facebook," it opens a tab on my browser with a page that says, "Logging in to Spotify..." After a few seconds, the tab closes automatically. The Spotify application sits at the login screen and doesn't log me in. So I don't know how to log in at this point.

From looking on the discussion boards, problems similar to this have been discussed a lot. I've tried a few of the solutions I've seen, and none of them have worked.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

1 Reply

I was able to find a workaround for the problem just by getting lucky.

When the tab opened and showed "Logging in to Spotify..." I just happened to close the Spotify application while it was showing that message. Then the message in the tab displayed an error -- I presume because it didn't like that I had closed the Spotify application. The error message displayed a list of tips. One of the tips said that users with a Facebook account can log in using their email address and password for Facebook. So I tried that and it worked.

Again, I wouldn't have found this if I hadn't happened to have closed the application when I did. So I got lucky. This still seems to me like really bad behavior on the part of the application.

Suggested posts