Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"offline"

"offline"

i have an icon in the bottom right that says i'm "offline" with a broken blue bar. 

I'm on my work PC. I've exited spotify, restarted my computer multiple times.

I'd say this has been going on about a week. my subscription renews today but it's been going on longer than that, so I don't know what it is. i've tried switching between online/offline mode and private/public sessions, too.

i still see all of my library but the song titles are greyed out and i can't listen to anything.

10 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Can you try all of the steps outlined in this help page and see if they can get you online again? 

It sounds to me like your work firewall might be preventing Spotify from connecting.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

nooooooooooooo. okay i'll try.

i'm sorry..wait. which of the topics on the page you linked to? "I can't get online with spotify?"

Since I can't post a new topic (thanks moderator!) regarding my issue, I'll just reply to that which is closest.

When switching proxy settings between 'No Proxy' and 'HTTPS', Spotify doesn't try to go back Online.  It remains Offline until I exit and restart Spotify.  Spotify used to try to reconnect in the past but no longer does this and I'm forced to restart.

The reason I have to switch is related to being on our office network and then my home network.

It would be nice if Spotify just used whatever proxy information the default web browser uses (similar to how gtalk does).

Henrik

so it sounds like you're saying it has to do with using spotify either on my phone or at home and then using it at the office? i frequently exit out and try to restart--it's been fruitless for awhile now.

If your Spotify is constantly in offline mode in your office, then it sounds like Spotify is unable to connect there, most likely due to security/firewall restrictions on your office network. And yes, the "I can't go online with Spotify" guide was the one I was linking to 😉 

You might need to give these details to your IT department and ask them to open those IP ranges in the firewall. 

Peter

Peter

I am trying to figure out how I can login using my "spotify details" on my phone without logging in through Facebook so I can get my music offline.  It seems that it is not allowed.  Is there a way around this?  I tried having the email sent to me to setup my device with a separate password, but I again got the message that I am currently setup to use my FB credentials and it does not give me the option to setup a password.  How can I fix this?

You should be able to use offline playlists whilst logging in via Facebook too as far as I am aware. Are you having issues? 

Peter

Peter

If I am in an area where I don't have cell service or wifi, ie, on an airplane, I cannot login "offline."  So, I want to change my settings to login with spotify details rather than Facebook, but I do not know where to change this.  Can you help me?

@MichelleE wrote:

If I am in an area where I don't have cell service or wifi, ie, on an airplane, I cannot login "offline."  So, I want to change my settings to login with spotify details rather than Facebook, but I do not know where to change this.  Can you help me?

You should be able to set a device password and retrieve your Spotify username and use those to login by following the steps outlined in this FAQ

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts