Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

says my email is connected to an account, but cant log in with that email

says my email is connected to an account, but cant log in with that email

I have a premium account, and I wanted to switch the email from an old one to a new one. However it says the new one already has a spotify account connected. I tried to log in using that new email, but the login portal said no account exists with that email.
1 Reply

Hey there, 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We understand that you have 2 email addresses, an old one and a new one. However, it looks like the new email is already associated to a Spotify account. In this case, you can try resetting the password with the new email so that you can access to that account. Once you have access, you'll be able to close that account by following the steps here. When that account is fully closed, you'll be able to use that email address on your Premium account by following these steps. Keep in mind that this process can take up to 30 days. 

If you can't access to the account with your new email, we recommend reaching out directly to our Support team through any of these channels so they can take a closer look at your accounts and further assist you with this. 

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts