Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

spotify will not accept any payment - help

spotify will not accept any payment - help

Hi,Id really appreciate any help. I am trying to make a payment to start a premium account but it will not accept paypal or visa. When i enter the payment info it processes it and then returns a declined error.

- There is no problem with my credit card or paypal.

- spotify is not linked on my paypal

- no payment method is linked or subscribed on spotify.

- Itunes is not linked on spotify and it is not running on any machine or device Ive attempted to sign up with.

- I was previously subscribed through itunes but the payment stopped working and I dont use itunes so i unlinked everything.

- I've gone through every help article online that I can find with no success.

5 Replies

I have having the same problem for days. My credit card has worked fine for every international purchase, except Spotify subscriptions or gift cards. Multiple people have complained about payment errors, but there's no response from the company.

Hey @dippitydoo & @jtrh!

Could you possibly try to sign up again but this time first delete any cache and try in an incognito browser. 

Keep me updated 🙂

Has this solved your issue? If it has please click  ‘Accept as a Solution’ and consider adding a ‘Like’!

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @DefaOne,

Thank you for your help.

I cleared the cookies and site data and tried to buy a Spotify gift card in Google Chrome's Incognito mode, with the same result: "Payment failed. Try again, or use a different payment method." The last time I bought a gift card was on January 25 2016, and that time I used the same credit card as now.

I've also tried multiple times to purchase Spotify's Yearly Subscription Offer and every time I've been shown the same error. I've tried multiple credit card networks (Visa and MasterCard) and multiple issuing banks (two different banks from my country, Chile). In the last few days, I've made multiple online international purchases with my main credit card without a single rejection.

My prepaid Spotify Premium expires in three months and I'm afraid that will be the end of Spotify for me. I'm sure that Spotify or their payment processor must be at fault, because Google, Uber, Amazon.com, and others have worked fine both in the past and today.

Thanks or your replies.. I have cleared all cache. I have also tried starting a totally new account with a different computer. No itunes installed. No difference at all. Spotify will not accept a payment. Simply ridiculous.

Hey @jtrh,

Thanks for updating me 🙂

The next step in this case would be for you to reach out to Spotify in one of the following ways:

You can contact them via emailFacebook or Twitter. They will take a look at your account backstage to help you.

Has this solved your issue? If it has please click  ‘Accept as a Solution’ and consider adding a ‘Like’!

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts