Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

what if i subcribe premium for 1 year and after that i get another plan for family

Solved!

what if i subcribe premium for 1 year and after that i get another plan for family

Hello,

what if i subcribe for 1 year and then i get the premium for my family so my 1 year member will be canceled? and i i have to use family plan after that i lost my premium?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @upcaseletter!

Thanks for reaching out to the community.

If you purchase one year of regular Premium and then switch to the Premium for Family plan, the remaining Premium time you had is pro-rated to the Family plan.

This means that instead of one year, you'll have a few months of Premium for Family without being charged on the payment method you used to set it up.

Keep in mind that the account with the year of Premium must be the owner of the plan for this to happen. If you add an account that has a year of Premium as a secondary account to a Family plan, the year of Premium is just placed on hold until the Family plan is over, and the account resumes the subscription.

I hope this helps.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

2 Replies

any1 know? please reply me

Marked as solution

Hey @upcaseletter!

Thanks for reaching out to the community.

If you purchase one year of regular Premium and then switch to the Premium for Family plan, the remaining Premium time you had is pro-rated to the Family plan.

This means that instead of one year, you'll have a few months of Premium for Family without being charged on the payment method you used to set it up.

Keep in mind that the account with the year of Premium must be the owner of the plan for this to happen. If you add an account that has a year of Premium as a secondary account to a Family plan, the year of Premium is just placed on hold until the Family plan is over, and the account resumes the subscription.

I hope this helps.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts