Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Too frequent ads

Too frequent ads

I have been receiving the problem of too frequent ads of spotify premium and random singers and bands, which do not provide 30min ad free music. Seldom do I see the advertisement with 30min ad free music. Such disrupts the user experience on using spotify a lot. 

9 Replies

Plan

Free

Country

United States 

Device

iPhone 12, iOS 16.2

My Question or Issue

I downgraded to the free plan a few days ago and find that ads are playing as frequently as 5 minutes, sometimes after each song.  Spotify app is up to date at v8.8.4.551 according to App Store.  I might be seeing a pattern where I get 30 minutes ad-free when I start a new listening session, and then it turns into random  intervals between ads.  

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

We've forwarded your feedback to the relevant team at Spotify, however we can't confirm if or when it will be addressed. If clean reinstalling the app doesn't help with this issue, we'd recommend to simply keep your app up-to-date to benefit from the latest fixes.

Let us know if there's anything else.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Within the last few months I've been getting more ads than songs. Every 2 songs I get almost always 3 ads, it's so frustrating to have to listen to that to the point I don't want to use the app. It doesn't matter the song length, it's always every two songs, generally making about a third of the whole experience just ads.

SO MANY ADS HOLY TALK ABOUT CHRISTMAS SPIRIT BUT THEN I GET THE SAME ADS 20 TIMES IN 3 SONGS

öğrencilere bedava reklam dinlettiğiniz için teşekkür ederim , ufacık müzik zevkim vardı elimden aldınız sağ olun , artık müzik nakaratlarını değil reklam nakaratlarını ezberledim bunun için teşekkür ediyorum ufacık şikayetim var oda bazen reklamların arasına 3 er dakikalık şarkılar giriyor lütfen biraz daha azaltın tamam mı ?

I’ve been using Spotify for a very long time and you guys have never had this many ads after listening to 3 damn songs I had over 5 damn ads it’s ridiculous it makes me not want to use the app anymore I get you want people to get premium so you guys can make more money and all but chill with the ads that’s why people use other platforms now and not Spotify you have way to many ads now to the point where you have more ads than songs you want to play I would you a different platform but all the music I have saved it on here.

So i get having an AD maybe two for free users but its **bleep** outrageous now. Just had to watch 5x 30 seconds ads. Then hit skip and got locked into another 4x ADs. Thats just stupid. Dont say oooo go get premium. There are alot of other music apps why should i get it for an app that doesnt care about free users. Id rather pirate it. Much easier to do. 

hi there!! i wanted to make a slight complaint (but not in a mean way!! i'm sorry if it sounds mean, due to my condition i have issues conveying tone whether its through text or not.) My complaint is about the ads. First, I'd like to mention that I fully understand the concept of if i don't want ads, either i should pay or use a different app. But spotify is my go to. I love this app so much, it's helped me through severe crisisis and moderate ones, i love this app so much. But from the time i started using the app, i got around 1 ad maybe around every 15 minutes at least, or say 5 songs. Now, it's gotten to the point where its 3 adds every two songs. Most of the songs I have on my playlist are very short, might I include. I understand that this app is free and premium would take it away, but I don't have enough money to pay for it. I wouldn't be able to make that much money due to my specific thoughts being to severe on me. Music is my go to therapy, and i prefer this app. Ive taken a vow to never switch. The rest of my details are that my main issue with spotify includes the amount of ads per a song. Again, i understand that theres ads because its free, and that youd be earning the same amount from these ads as you would if someone were to bought premium. But especially when im having harsh moments, such as overstimulation or other things that i cant say, it brings me a lot of stress when i just get a random ad in the middle of the situation, does that make sense?

Every 2 to 4 songs, whether I listen through them or skip them, I get a minimum 2 minutes of ads. 

Suggested posts