Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

A ton of problems recently.

A ton of problems recently.

For the past few weeks, I have nothing but problems with Spotify on my Galaxy S5. 

First off, I have done the steps provided to clear cache, uninstall, restart my phone, then install again. Numerous times. As of last night, I downloaded all 761 songs I have, a green arrow next to them shows they're saved/downloaded. I opened it this morning, to see that there were no green arrows. I didn't touch anything overnight while my phone was off. Now, when I try to download them again, it stops after 6 songs, stating there's no room left on my SD Card (128GB). I popped in a freshly formatted 64GB SD Card, and got the same error message. There is absolutely nothing on that SD card, and no issues with it at all.

Another issue, is when the songs were previously downloaded, I had it the streaming quality set to normal, but yet the songs constantly buffered. A 5 minute song would take 20 minutes to finish due to it stopping to buffer every 5-10 seconds. If a song is downloaded and saved, shouldn't it not have to buffer?

The final issue being, when transfering my data from the phones storage, to the SD Card, it takes a while (understandable, due to the amount of songs), but once it finishes, it gives me an error message saying my data couldnt be transfered.

If I'm going to be paying $10 a month for this service, I'd at least like it to work properly.

1 Reply

When your downloaded music did a runner, the chances are that spotify had switched the storage location from SD card to internal which would explain why you were getting the lack of space warning.

Best option is to follow the instructions here to remove the cache in all locations and reinstall spotify.

Suggested posts