Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add a "Releases" button to mobile?

Add a "Releases" button to mobile?

It would be nice to have an easy way to select a particular release of an album on mobile. Something similar to the "Releases" button on the desktop client would be perfect.

Right now the only way I know of to find a particular release of an album is to search for a song you know is on that album, find the song from the album version you want in the search results then click it and choose "view album." Very cumbersome!

2 Replies

Hey @pdbrantley, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

There's an option in Spotify already, just go to the Search tab in the New Releases section you'll find what you're looking for.

Hope it helps 🙂

Thanks for the response, however that was not quite what I was asking.

I'm not interested in finding new releases, or perhaps I should say I already know how to do that. I'm trying to find out how to select from different versions of the same album on mobile.

For example, if you go to Led Zeppelin's artist page and click albums, the only entry for "Led Zeppelin", their first album, is the Remastered version. On the desktop client, if you click on that album, on the bottom-right of the page below the track listing there is a button labeled "Releases." Clicking on this allows you to select between the remestered version and the original version of that same album. I see no similar way to do this on mobile.

Suggested posts