Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Search within playlist is gone?

What happend to the search/filter function to search for songs within a playlist you already follow/made? this idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Mobile-App-Sort-and-Search/idi-p/34441 There is still a search function build in, ...

• Music Fan
  •   What happend to the search/filter function to search for songs within a playlist you already follow/made?   this idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Mobile-Ap...
  • mischaz
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify client and Spotify connect - connection lost

Plan: Premium FamilyCountry: Germany Device: Xiomi MIA1, BQ Aquaris X Pro Operating System: Android 8.1 Spotify version: 8.4.79.630 My setup is like that:Few Android devices connecting to Onkyo TX-8270 receiver and Teufel Raumfeld One S both via Spot...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Family Country: Germany   Device: Xiomi MIA1, BQ Aquaris X Pro   Operating System: Android 8.1   Spotify version: 8.4.79.630     My setup is like that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Weekly playlist bug report (Minor, Ques wrong songs)

Lately (for a few weeks now) when I have hit shuffle on Discover Weekly, the app plays the first song and then ques the whole Greta Van Fleet (Anthem of the Peaceful Army) album. Now I love Greta Van Fleet, but it is kind of annoying.. I have only ex...

• Casual Listener
  • Lately (for a few weeks now) when I have hit shuffle on Discover Weekly, the app plays the first song and then ques the whole Greta Van Fleet (Anthem of the Peaceful Army) album.    Now I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Instagram Stories Play on Spotify Button Problem

PlanPremiumCountryTRDeviceXiaomi Redmi 5 PlusOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue Hello, I have "Instagram Stories" button in my spotify app. I'm sharing a song with this button, It shares album cover and song name on my story. But when ...

• Plan Premium Country TR Device Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus Operating System Android Oreo  My Question or Issue  Hello, I have "Instagram Stories" button in my spotify app. I'm sharing...
  • sersemperi
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Download Problem

Hello from Turkey, I have Sony XZ1 and premium user. When i try download some music, spotify said like this "Not enough storage space, download stopped!". I have a 20gb+ storage space in device storage not sd kart! Please help me, i can't download an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello from Turkey, I have Sony XZ1 and premium user. When i try download some music, spotify said like this "Not enough storage space, download stopped!". I have a 20gb+ storage space in device stora...
  • mrhun
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Wear update bug

PlanPremiumCountry New Zealand DeviceSamsung Galaxy S8+ and the ticwatch proOperating SystemTicwatch Pro: Android Wear 2.1 Samsung Galaxy S8+: OreOSpotify version: 8.4.79.630My Question or Issue: After the most recent update I connected my watch to m...

• Plan Premium Country  New Zealand  Device Samsung Galaxy S8+ and the ticwatch pro Operating System Ticwatch Pro: Android Wear 2.1  Samsung Galaxy S8+: OreO Spotify version: 8....
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Nujabes Content not saveable or downloadable

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceOneplus 5Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueAll of the albums besides Modal Soul by Nujabes are not saveable or downloadable. When I try to the save icon appears, but then it reverts back and doesn'...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device Oneplus 5 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue All of the albums besides Modal Soul by Nujabes are not saveable or ...
  • ahmeda
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

BBC podcasts on Kindle fire

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceKindle Fire My Question or Issue I download podcasts on my Kindle Fire (so I can listen at work when offline) however I cannot play any of the BBC podcasts. I can download and play podcasts from other sources, and play the ...

•     Plan Premium Country  UK Device Kindle Fire   My Question or Issue   I download podcasts on my Kindle Fire (so I can listen at work when offline) however I can...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify has stopped notification

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue Hello, When i pause the music on spotify on my samsung galaxy s9 and wait a short moment i receive a " Spotify has stopped " notification and then i can't...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country France Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue   Hello, When i pause the music on spotify on my samsung galaxy...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Keep Spotify playing when closing all apps in task switcher?

Hi, All the previous music players I used before switching to Spotify (eg. Google Music, Poweramp) had this 'feature' where I went to the task switcher and closed all the recent apps, they kept playing music with the icon in the notification area and...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   All the previous music players I used before switching to Spotify (eg. Google Music, Poweramp) had this 'feature' where I went to the task switcher and closed all the recent apps, they k...
  • MNC1
  • Gig Goer
  • 63 replies
  • 69 likes
  • 63 replies
  • 69 likes

Spotify has taken over my phone. Make it stop.

I have an android phone. I listen to a lot of podcasts. Most of the time, in fact, I am listening to podcasts. If I pause a podcast with a bluetooth device and then press PLAY.... SPOTIFY COMES ON INSTEAD. Why is this? I do not want spotify to be my ...

• I have an android phone.  I listen to a lot of podcasts. Most of the time, in fact, I am listening to podcasts.  If I pause a podcast with a bluetooth device and then press PLAY.... SPOTIFY...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mixes - Heart symbol on different devices

PlanPremium When listening to my Daily Mix, I noticed something interesting. I have some songs on one device labeled as I like it, the heart symbol is highlighted, but I do not have a heart on the other device. Does that mean that when I label a song...

• Roadie
  •   Plan Premium   When listening to my Daily Mix, I noticed something interesting. I have some songs on one device labeled as I like it, the heart symbol is highlighted, but I do not hav...
  • lubos
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs

PlanPremiumCountry Device(Asus Zenfone 2)Operating System(Android Marshmallow) My Question or Issue hello. everytime my phone shuts down while spotify is open, my downloades songs disappears. but the songs still takes up space. i must delete them and...

• Plan Premium Country   Device (Asus Zenfone 2) Operating System (Android Marshmallow)   My Question or Issue    hello.   everytime my phone shuts down while spot...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Extremely Slow Downloads

I am experiencing extremely slow downloads on my Nokia 7.1 using either of my WiFi connections (5GHz or 2.4GHz) given I am paying for a premium service this really isn't acceptable. I prefer to download songs for offline listening as opposed to strea...

• Casual Listener
  • I am experiencing extremely slow downloads on my Nokia 7.1 using either of my WiFi connections (5GHz or 2.4GHz) given I am paying for a premium service this really isn't acceptable. I prefer to downl...
  • kopite93
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

delete

• Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

cant search for songs

As mentioned many times before by many others, I also can't search for songs. all settings should allow online search, yet it only searches locally, and quickly says it can't find anything in offline mode.I've tried resetting the app, my phone, or re...

• As mentioned many times before by many others, I also can't search for songs. all settings should allow online search, yet it only searches locally, and quickly says it can't find anything in offline...
  • ShaneOlie
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • broken
    Search
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app stops playing on Huawei P10 when streaming to receiver

Hi all, I searched the forum and internet and I know there are many topics like this, but unfortunately it didn't solve my issue. Spotify app on android stops playing after some songs, sometimes 2 songs, sometimes 10 songs when I stream to my receive...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I searched the forum and internet and I know there are many topics like this, but unfortunately it didn't solve my issue.   Spotify app on android stops playing after some son...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

OnePlus 6 Issues

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceOnePlus 6Operating SystemOreo 8.1 July security patch My Question or Issue - Spotify (I only use bluetooth headphones with my device):App notification (So I don't need to turn on device fully to change music) only works...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Canada Device OnePlus 6 Operating System Oreo 8.1 July security patch    My Question or Issue      - Spotify (I only use bluetooth...
  • ahmaditqan
  • Casual Listener
  • 21 replies
  • 38 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 38 likes

music display

PlanPemiumDeviceNova 3iOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue My music won't show in the lockscreen and it is extremely frustrating, as you can see I can't skip, pause, go back a song or anything. can anyone help me fix this

• Plan Pemium Device Nova 3i Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  My music won't show in the lockscreen and it is extremely frustrating, as you can see I can't s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Galaxy Watch] Can't shuffle in offline mode

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StadsDeviceGalaxy Watch 42mm with Galaxy S9+Operating SystemTizen 4.0.0 My Question or Issue I have some playlists downloaded for when I go for a run and switch spotify to offline mode. However, when offline, repeat and shuff...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United Stads Device Galaxy Watch 42mm with Galaxy S9+ Operating System Tizen 4.0.0   My Question or Issue   I have some playlists downloaded for when I go fo...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes