Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding Songs from phone memory to a Spotify Playlist

Solved!

Adding Songs from phone memory to a Spotify Playlist

Hello!
Sorry to bother, but I was wondering if on the phone (A Samsung S4) was possible to add the song that I have saved on it into a Spotify playlist. Since on the pc I can do that, I can't really find a way to do the same thing on the Android thing.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Please read the support topic here for assistance setting up local file sync: Listen to local files

Make sure that you are on the same WiFi network and Windows & third party firewalls are configured to allow the Spotify connection through.

Another point to note is that sometimes if a track is stored locally & is also available to stream then when you sync to your device it will automatically use the Spotify streaming version but the data from your playlist. If for some reason the metadata such as track length differs this can cause conflict and break the track. In this instance you are best off removing the local file from your playlist on the desktop and adding the track from the Spotify server then re-sync. This should fix this issue.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You cannot add a track already on your device to a playlist on Spotify, it must be synced via a PC as you have already stated.

You may wish to ad kudos to this idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Use-Existing-Song-Files-on-Mobile-Devices/idi-p/176966

Android Troubleshooting:

Uhm, so I have another question. It is possible then to have the file on the PC of the spotify playlist on the spotify device?o,o

Thank you for the answer

Marked as solution

Please read the support topic here for assistance setting up local file sync: Listen to local files

Make sure that you are on the same WiFi network and Windows & third party firewalls are configured to allow the Spotify connection through.

Another point to note is that sometimes if a track is stored locally & is also available to stream then when you sync to your device it will automatically use the Spotify streaming version but the data from your playlist. If for some reason the metadata such as track length differs this can cause conflict and break the track. In this instance you are best off removing the local file from your playlist on the desktop and adding the track from the Spotify server then re-sync. This should fix this issue.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts