Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding an Album to Offline causes Brain to Ooze

Adding an Album to Offline causes Brain to Ooze

Seriously, while it is better than 'Create a Playlist' it is still awful.

1 search for artist
2 find album
3 save
4 go to 'your music'
5 find album again
6 click offline button

This should be finished after step 3.

(Step 7 is to try Beats and hope they aren't so stupid)

I can only imagine that this interface idea brought to us by the same people who drive on the wrong side of the road.
5 Replies

"I can only imagine that this interface idea brought to us by the same people who drive on the wrong side of the road." 

That comment depends on where you are from really. 😛 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This thoughouly confused me this morning as well. Got a notification about new album. "Saved" album, expecting it to be available offline. For some reason this only made the main single from the album available offline but saved the  album. After finding the album in saved music I was able toggle it to available offline, but none of the songs downloaded. Toggling the switch actually appeared to do nothing. I tried a few times and was on wifi.

Which album is it. I sometimes get notifications for new releases which aren't available in my country.

Oh, haha, you are correct. Only one song from the album is available and can be played on Spotify in the US. This is a US band too. So stupid. Why even bother notifying me.

Once you toggle the offline switch, it can take a while to download but you should see some indication on the album page that it is happening, as well as in the android dotification bar.

Suggested posts