Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding local file on phone to playlist in spotify

Solved!

Adding local file on phone to playlist in spotify

Hi

I have a few music files on my phone that i have in some playlists already made in my normal phone player app. Now i want to add these files to spotify playlist but i am unable to find where i can add them.

Do i really have to move the files to my pc, then then add to playlist and then sync it back to the phone again seems like an awfull lot of trouble to add a file already on my phone.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sorry, yes. They didn't add the ability to browse and play local files to the new app
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Sorry, yes. They didn't add the ability to browse and play local files to the new app
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

So you consider removing features solving problems?

Bump. This needs adding back, bring back the old missing features before you add new ones (NFC seriously!).

I really agree!

Now I have loads of grey tracks in my new phone which has that same old micro SD card that has those tracks. Really annoying.

There are loads of features that were removed when the original rewrite / update was done. Check the thread of missing features on the new version and hopefully Spotify will implement the critical ones back to the app.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Suggested posts