Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

After update all playlists and saved songs are gone

After update all playlists and saved songs are gone

Hey Guys,

I updated spotify and after that all my songs and playlists were gone. There are not showing up anymore. The strange thing was in my mixtapes there were still there, but I coud not play them: The message: Song is not available was shown.And also it was not possible to download any songs. ( I have Spotify premium)

I had to deactivate all updates and go to version 4.2.0.752 and then I had access again to my playlists and songs.

So how can I fix this problem? 

I want to update spotify, because I like the idea of the mixtapes very much, and I want

to hear them.

Spotify was already installed at my phone ( Sony Xperia XA), so  I can not entirely delete it, only deactivate it. But it should work somehow..

Thank you for your help!

2 Replies

Have I got this right?

To update to the current version of spotify, you disabled the preinstalled version and installed the current version from Play?

If so, it sounds like you used the wrong log in credentials, possibly creating a new account in the process. Fortunately, this should be easy to solve - check to see if you have an email subscription receipt from spotify. If you do, it will show your user name which is the one you need to use when logging in. Note that, if the user name is a 12 digit number, you should use the facebook login option.

If you can't find an email receipt, you can also get your username on this page (just select view for any receipt).

On that new version, have you tried using the Recover Playlists option on desktop? Try this link: https://www.spotify.com/ph/account/recover-playlists/

Suggested posts