Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Airplay from Android device to B&W Zeppelin Air?

Solved!

Airplay from Android device to B&W Zeppelin Air?

I'd like to know if I can use the Spotify Android App to airplay music to my B&W Zeppelin Air. With "Twonky" I can play my music through AirPlay, but not with Spotify. Thx.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes, it is perfectly possible with app Airspot. I use it, listen to spotify from a samsung tablet (android) conected to my zeppelin air speaker. And luckly Airspot is a free app (for now).

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

AirSpot in action!

View solution in original post

Screenshot_20170412-002925.png
8 Replies

Does it have Bluetooth functionality as well? If so, that might be your best bet...
Airhorn Enthusiast

It's bluetooth or nothing, airplay it's a closed protocol and while it has been implemented by some apps through reverse engineering, it is generally not supported on Android
16 million songs, but no way to sort them.

Airplay is a proprietary system developed by Apple, so I doubt it'd be supported in any "standard" format anytime soon, sadly.
Airhorn Enthusiast

no exactly true... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AirPlay

there are libraries and indeed other Sender apps. But not yet from Spotify

I have a B&W Zeppelin Air and purchased Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth  (http://amzn.to/X37Yqa) and connected it to the 3.5mm AUX port on the back of the Zeppelin Air.   I use it to connect my Nexus 7 and Nexus 4 to the Zeppelin Air...no issues and works perfectly. 

Marked as solution

Yes, it is perfectly possible with app Airspot. I use it, listen to spotify from a samsung tablet (android) conected to my zeppelin air speaker. And luckly Airspot is a free app (for now).

Marked as solution

AirSpot in action!

Screenshot_20170412-002925.png

Thanks for the heads up on AirSpot. Got my Samsung S8 playing Spotify beautifully through my B&W Zeppelin. I upgraded to Pro – it was only £2.49 so worth it to not have to keep resetting the app.

Suggested posts