Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Alarm has endless loading circle when connecting to Spotify library

Alarm has endless loading circle when connecting to Spotify library

• Premium account (Slovenia) made on an old email account (not with Google authentication)
  • Android 10 (update 2021-01-01) - Android One version
  • Spotify v.8.6.0.830
  • (native) Clock v6.3.1

Simply put, when in the clock app's alarm section I go under Spotify tab, the loading circle never ends as if the connection fails to establish.

It happened with the latest OS update in January. I have updated and reinstalled both Spotify and the Clock app but without any success.

10 Replies

Hey @kogi18,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Could you confirm that you've used the steps in this guide for a clean reinstall of the Spotify app? We recommend using that one as it's more thorough than a regular reinstall.

If that doesn't do the trick, it's a good idea to remove Google Clock form the list of apps with access to your Spotify account and then add it again. You can use the instructions here.

That way connection with your account will get build anew from the ground up.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is happening for me as well.  I have uninstalled using the guide and reinstalled Spotify to no avail.  It feels like a permissions issue, but I don't know what permissions Spotify needs to be used as an alarm. 

Hey @6_1uwzd32-78r,

Thanks for reaching out.

Just to confirm, did you remove Google Clock from the list of apps on your Apps page as shown here?

You can also try using a different connection, like mobile data or another WiFi network to see if that does the trick.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Yes I did remove Google clock a bunch of times as I was troubleshooting.  

Looks like something on my home connection was doing it, maybe Pi-hole.  When I went to mobile data it all loaded up right away, and now that I'm back on wifi it loads still, so not sure exactly but I'll take it.

Thanks again for the help.

Hey @fezzic,

Thanks for trying and keeping us posted.

We're glad to know it worked when using a different connection. It's worth reaching out to your Internet service provider to check if they can give you further info about what might be interfering.

If you need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

It helped me to add Files and Multimedia access to Clock app.

The link to give Spotify access to the clock app seems to be broken.

Same problem on oppo reno 5g with android 13

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting in the thread!

Just to confirm, does the same thing happen if you try changing to a different network, as mentioned earlier in the thread?

It's also worth checking if there's updates available for your device's operating system.

Shouldn't that do the trick, a photo or video showing how things look from your end would be helpful.

Let us know how it goes!

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

After a phone restart it worked. I mean I was able to select which playlist i want to play. When starting one of the alarms it didn't play music from spotify but this morning on another alarm it started playing spotify

Suggested posts