Premium

Country

UK

Device

(LG G6)

Operating System

(Android Oreo,)

My Question or Issue

The Android app on Oreo is a complete disaster, and I'm on the edge of moving to another provider. These are some of the comprehensive list of problems:

- Google OK is normally unable to play a song when asked. It will either not open spotify app, select the song, or play it automatically. This issue is compounded by issues below.

- Controls over bluetooth on my cars display sometimes dont work.  The song is also out of sync with the display.

- Songs will simply not play sometimes. No idea why. The play button just does nothing. Sometimes moving to the next track works.

- Spotify's home pags says i'm not online, when I clearly am.

- Brand new bug: Songs play for a few seconds, then stop. Great!

Im sure I could make a more comprehensive list of bugs if I had time to be a tester.

How could things have become so bad? What are the Android team up to?

Would appreciate any help, I used to be a big fan.

1 Reply

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the app too. Are you by chance also experiencing the other issues that are being discussed in the thread below? I

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Several-problems-since-last-update-bugged-controls-music-st...

We're thinking that a lot of these bugs that are popping up are related to the same core issue and it's taken spotify over two months to even acknowledge it so we're hoping that if we get enough people speaking up that they'll actually get it fixed. Good luck!

Suggested posts