Premium

Country

USA

Device

Tetra

Operating System

Android 8.1.0

My Question or Issue

This began happening after upgrading to the latest Android Spotify app, but also shortly after installing the Windows 7 app on a laptop and starting to use two devices. IDK whether either is related. As you see in the attached screenshots, the Android app knows that I have saved 93 songs by Iggy Pop, but is unable to display them. As you also see, the Windows 7 app isn't having this problem.

A few relevant facts:

- This is happening with most, but not all of the artists for whom I have saved albums.

- I have seen the saved albums mysteriously come back, then vanish again.

Things I tried that did not successfully resolve the problem:

- Verified there were no filters active (there weren't)

- Logged out of the Windows 7 app

- Logged into my Spotify account and deleted all old devices (mainly old versions of Android on the same phone that were mysteriously showing up as distinct devices).

- Deleted cached data

- Uninstalled and re-installed the Android app

spotify-screen-win-7.jpg
Screenshot_20190218-122426.png
Screenshot_20190218-122905.png
6 Replies

Addendum: I just realized I happened to be in airplane mode when I took that screenshot so I re-did it with airplane mode off to show that the behavior is unchanged.

Hey @jjuniman.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Would you mind providing us with the exact steps which take you to that empty screen (the screenshot with Iggy Pop)? That way we can try it on our end and see if we can reproduce the issue.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Certainly. Go to Your Library->Artists->Iggy Pop. At this point, it is supposed to display the music by Iggy Pop which I have saved, but instead displays a blank screen. It is very repeatable, but I have seen isolated instances of my saved music returning, then disappearing again. Also, the saved music has disappeared for most, but not all, artists.

Hey @jjuniman.

Thanks for providing us with those steps.

We've noticed from the screenshots that, judging by the UI, you're not on the latest version of the mobile app. Would you mind making sure you're on the latest version?

As confirmation, could you send us the exact Spotify version of the mobile app?

I'm on version 8.4.94.817. The problem appeared after an update. One of my
attempts at fixing was uninstalling the app and re-installing.

Hey @jjuniman.

Thanks for letting us know, and apologies for the late reply.

Could you first update the Spotify app to version 8.4.95?

In the new version for Android, when you follow an artist, they will appear in Your Library under Artists, but clicking on the artist will no longer take you to the songs you've saved by that artist, but instead will take you to the the artist's profile.

Any songs by the artist which you have saved individually will appear in the Favorite Songs playlist under Playlists, while saved albums by artists will appear under Albums.

If you're still getting a blank screen when clicking on the artist, could you send us a screenshot to illustrate the issue? We'll look into it further.

Suggested posts