Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android 4.4.2

Solved!

Android 4.4.2

Hi!
I just updated my android version to 4.4.2. Now, every time I try to open spotify, all that pops up is the menu icon in the top left corner, but when I tap it, nothing happens. What do I do?
I'm using a Sony Xperia Z.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey eivindobirk, I had the same problem with my spotify, but instead of uninstalling, I had to just clear the offline data from the app, that worked for me.

Also, in another thread, someone suggested to remove the cache on the external storage (Settings -> Apps -> Swype to 'All' -> Find "External Storage" and clear cache -> restart), i did both to solve the problem

hope it helps 😃

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Have you tried removing and re-installing Spotify?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Of course I have tried it

I have this problem too, it is solved ?

Im premium user and this funcionality is important for me (i veery often listen spotify through Xperia Z).

I still experience the same problem, maybe if spotify could recode the app to make it compatible with Android 4.4.2?

Works fine here on Android 4.4.2 (Nexus 5).

This is in the wrong part of the forum.
SpotCommander - The most elegant, intuitive, feature-rich & universal remote control for Spotify, exclusive for Linux users!

@olejon wrote:
Works fine here on Android 4.4.2 (Nexus 5).

This is in the wrong part of the forum.

Didn't even notice! Moving Desktop --> Android

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Hey eivindobirk, I had the same problem with my spotify, but instead of uninstalling, I had to just clear the offline data from the app, that worked for me.

Also, in another thread, someone suggested to remove the cache on the external storage (Settings -> Apps -> Swype to 'All' -> Find "External Storage" and clear cache -> restart), i did both to solve the problem

hope it helps 😃

ITS WORK!! Just delete app storage data and login again. THX man!!

Thanks a lot guys! It's working just like normal now

hi, i am using Galaxy s4 and was using this app fine before i did a hard reset on my phone. i have a premium account because this app is really useful. now, when i reinstalled spotify and tried to launch it it only goes to a black screen and pop up saying SPOTIFY HAS STOPPED. i tried to uninstall reinstall and unmount/mount my sd card with no positive results. also tried to do clear cache and clear data still it didn't work. please help! 

@Mei006 wrote:

hi, i am using Galaxy s4 and was using this app fine before i did a hard reset on my phone. i have a premium account because this app is really useful. now, when i reinstalled spotify and tried to launch it it only goes to a black screen and pop up saying SPOTIFY HAS STOPPED. i tried to uninstall reinstall and unmount/mount my sd card with no positive results. also tried to do clear cache and clear data still it didn't work. please help! 

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts