Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

New Widget Idea?

Hello everyone, I was looking through the Widgets on my Samsung Galaxy S5 and realized that there was a Spotify one, however, it appears to be lacking when the app is not running. I think that it should show something instead of being completely blan...

• Regular
  • Hello everyone, I was looking through the Widgets on my Samsung Galaxy S5 and realized that there was a Spotify one, however, it appears to be lacking when the app is not running. I think that...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound while playing, tons of bugs, poor UI, the list goes on ....

I'm trying Spotify premium right now and have found many many operational issues after only one day. I like the concept of Spotify but the execution is absolutely horrible. I'm probably not going to continue with my subscription due to the many bugs ...

• I'm trying Spotify premium right now and have found many many operational issues after only one day.  I like the concept of Spotify but the execution is absolutely horrible.   I'm probably ...
  • camillo75
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't play any song AT ALL please help!

Please help me out, i can see the songs but their names just stay opaque & won't allow me to play any of em at all.

• Casual Listener
  • Please help me out, i can see the songs but their names just stay opaque & won't allow me to play any of em at all.
  • alucardaft89
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect taking over my phone

Hi folks, got a bizarre issue. I'm listening to music on my Anroid Nexus 5, minding my own business. Suddenly the music changes to something else I have never listened to, and informs me I am controlling 'gti9195', which a Google suggests is a Samsun...

• Regular
  • Hi folks, got a bizarre issue.   I'm listening to music on my Anroid Nexus 5, minding my own business.  Suddenly the music changes to something else I have never listened to, and inform...
  • camillo75
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify player interrupts with strange sounds

Hey Guys, since a few days now my Spotify Android App makes strange sounds. It is deffenetly the Spotify App, becuase I tried different Speakers / Headphones and diffferent other Music Apps. I have an OnePlus One running Android L (5.0.2) based on cm...

• Regular
  • Hey Guys, since a few days now my Spotify Android App makes strange sounds. It is deffenetly the Spotify App, becuase I tried different Speakers / Headphones and diffferent other Music Apps. I ha...
  • AaronSchneider
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

mobile app switches off offline mode and deletes all the downloaded music

The app reset the offline mode setting of my playlists and saved albums & songs so then I had to turn it on and re-download again all my music. It's the second time it happens in a month. It's really annoying. I'm a Premium user. LG Nexus 5 Android 5...

• Casual Listener
  • The app reset the offline mode setting of my playlists and saved albums & songs so then I had to turn it on and re-download again all my music.   It's the second time it happens in a mon...
  • andreat
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • delete music
    offline mode
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Emotion ui 2.3 lockscreen controls

The lockscreen controls are not available with huawei's emotion ui. I only get the controls if I disable the huawei lockscreen (and even then the album cover will not display on the screen). But if I do that I won't get any lockscreenwidgets etc. I t...

• Casual Listener
  • The lockscreen controls are not available with huawei's emotion ui. I only get the controls if I disable the huawei lockscreen (and even then the album cover will not display on the screen). But if I...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Android 4.4.2
    emotion ui
    emui
    honor
    huawei
    Lockscreen control
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keine internetverbindung mit meinem Handy

Hallo, ich habe einen Premiumaccount. Mein Handy (Motorola 3G) kann jedoch nicht auf Spotify zugreifen. WLAN ist kein Problem, dass funktioniert. Sobald ich aber unterwegs bin ist keine Verbindung zu Spotify möglich. Wenn ich einen Titel suche steht ...

• Hallo, ich habe einen Premiumaccount. Mein Handy (Motorola 3G) kann jedoch nicht auf Spotify zugreifen. WLAN ist kein Problem, dass funktioniert. Sobald ich aber unterwegs bin ist keine Verbindung ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! artists and songs disappeared from android

Hi there I am using Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 4.3) for more than a year now without any problems. However about two weeks ago, all albums and songs disappeared from my collection. The artists also disappeared except for two, but when I...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there   I am using Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 4.3) for more than a year now without any problems. However about two weeks ago, all albums and songs disappeared from my colle...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Which headphones for controlling spotify

Hi, would you recommend some headphones for nexus 5 with android to controll spotyfiy ? sound level and switching songs? would that work ? http://allegro.pl/sluchawki-dokanalowe-klipsch-image-s4a-gw-w-wa-i4961023216.htmlhttp://www.amazon.com/Samsung-...

• Regular
  • Hi, would you recommend some headphones for nexus 5 with android to controll spotyfiy ? sound level and switching songs? would that work ?  http://allegro.pl/sluchawki-dokanalowe-klipsch-image-s...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Brani suggeriti

Perchè se cerco di ascoltare un album di recente uscita, mi costringe ad ascoltare brani suggeriti? Mi fa sentire 2 o 3 brani dell'album scelto, poi parte un brano suggerito, lo salto, torno all'album, poi parte di nuovo brano suggerito, poi si torna...

• Visitor
  • Perchè se cerco di ascoltare un album di recente uscita, mi costringe ad ascoltare brani suggeriti?   Mi fa sentire 2 o 3 brani dell'album scelto, poi parte un brano suggerito, lo salto, tor...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Equalizer is broken

My spotify equalizer doesn't react to any commands. It's on the latest setting that I set

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify equalizer doesn't react to any commands. It's on the latest setting that I set
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

won't finish the install from android app store

I have used it a lot, then the other day all **bleep** was grey and wouldn't start. So I uninstalled it and when I was about to reinstall it spotify just loading the install meter but never finished. I have searched in file manager but I can't find a...

• I have used it a lot, then the other day all **bleep** was grey and wouldn't start. So I uninstalled it and when I was about to reinstall it spotify just loading the install meter but never finished....
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify works only when is wifi conected samsung galaxy s3 LTE

Hi I have premium wersion spotify on my Samsung galaxy s3 LTE and applicaton work only when is wifi conected on Lte app is crash always, music plays 20 s and stop. I cant tap next song and pause i cant do anything... i try reinstall app and change in...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi  I have premium wersion spotify on my Samsung galaxy s3 LTE and applicaton work only when is wifi conected on Lte app is crash always, music plays 20 s and stop. I cant tap next song and pau...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

stops playing mid track

I have read your tech page about catch reinstalling and did battery thing to I have a Samsung galaxy light just got it two days ago. I have plenty of memory and am on Wi-Fi at home so I think theres a bug in the program.

• I have read your tech page about catch reinstalling and did battery thing to I have a Samsung galaxy light just got it two days ago. I have plenty of memory and am on Wi-Fi at home so I think theres ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 4.4.2
    stops playing
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No more Spotify App for Galaxy Tab GT-P1000

Which Spotify App version is the last one that works for this Galaxy Tab and where can i get it?

• Casual Listener
  • Which Spotify App version is the last one that works for this Galaxy Tab and where can i get it?
  • liftwartbertl
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Polishing the Android Kitkat/Lollipop UI

Moved to ideas. Sorry. How do I erase this?

• Casual Listener
  • Moved to ideas. Sorry. How do I erase this?
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode broken on Android 4.4.2/Galaxy S4

After I upgraded to Android 4.4.2 on my Galaxy S4, my offline mode stopped working (starts downloading, stops after 30 or so songs are removed, then removes all files) in my spotify phone client. Offline mode works perfectly on my laptop). I even uni...

• Music Fan
  • After I upgraded to Android 4.4.2 on my Galaxy S4, my offline mode stopped working (starts downloading, stops after 30 or so songs are removed, then removes all files) in my spotify phone client. &nb...
  • Nadja_1978
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Set laps between peaces of music

Hi, Is it possible to set more time space between pieces of music when they play ? I use my playlist for dancing and we need some time before the next peace plays and so on. Thank you. pml001 Paris

• Music Fan
  • Hi, Is it possible to set more time space between pieces of music when they play ? I use my playlist for dancing and we need some time before the next peace plays and so on. Thank you. &...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App / Mobile Enhancement: Downloaded Albums Tab or something like this

Hello Spotify-Team, please add in your Mobile App an Tab "Downloaded Playlists" or "Syncronised Titles" . This is really annoying when you have a lot of Playlists or Albums in your Collection and you must scroll to the moon... to find your Downloaded...

• Hello Spotify-Team,   please add in your Mobile App an Tab "Downloaded Playlists" or "Syncronised Titles" . This is really annoying when you have a lot of Playlists or Albums in your Co...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes