Premium

Country

Austria

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Since I had a software update on my phone I cannot open Spotify anymore. It crashes instantly. I have already tried rebooting, reinstalling and reinstalling, I have deleted the data and cache - it still does not work. I can only use the web player and this is not satisfactory at all. I have no idea what to try...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If anybody is interested - finally my problem is solved.

After my holiday my external storage was full and this was the problem for Spotify. Due to crashes it would not let me change the storage place to internal storage.

After this mornings' update the app finally opened without crashing and I was able to change the storage for downloads in my settings (which I could not have done without the app)...

View solution in original post

Screenshot_20190701-092306_Spotify.jpg
6 Replies

I have had this problem since Wednesday,  26th July. 

Marked as solution

If anybody is interested - finally my problem is solved.

After my holiday my external storage was full and this was the problem for Spotify. Due to crashes it would not let me change the storage place to internal storage.

After this mornings' update the app finally opened without crashing and I was able to change the storage for downloads in my settings (which I could not have done without the app)...

Screenshot_20190701-092306_Spotify.jpg

But how does that help ppl that only stream and do not save to the phone? Mine has been crashing after playing about 15 - 30 mins, then just stops all together. Have to unlock the phone, then open the app again, will play. 

I got the same issue. Tried to reinstall the app but still not work.

Hey all,

Thanks for reaching out.

Let's do a clean reinstall first. Before that, you'd have to disconnect all devices from your account here.

Then follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings on your phone.
2. Select "Apps".
3. Tap "Spotify" in the app list.
4. Tap on "Storage> Clear Data" for a clean reinstallation.
5. Tap Uninstall.
6. Open Google Play and install the Spotify Music app.

There is something else you could do if that does not help. Go to:

1. Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.
2. Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.
3. Last step - restart the phone. Then everything should be fine 🙂

Let us know how it goes!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Setting > apps > battery to unrestricted to keep it on background 

Suggested posts