Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep the screen on on the mobile app during play back, and to see lyrics.

Keep the screen on on the mobile app during play back, and to see lyrics.

Plan Premium

Device Samsung Galaxy S10+

Operating System Android

Keeping the screen on during play is definitely a much needed option.
In the past, this was needed enough to keep the phone on my desk for instance so I could glance and see the artist/song info for instance.
Nowadays with lyrics it takes another dimension and has become essential.

Come on Spotify!

8 Replies

Hey @ips2954164,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

The option to keep the screen of the mobile device on is dependent on the device itself. You can try looking for such a setting in your device settings.

Maybe this site can help you further in finding the specific settings on your Samsung phone. 

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks for your time.
However, that's not how the mobile world work!
No-one change settings everytime you view a video longer than a couple of minutes. The app simply uses a keep awake permission, and triggers that whenever is required.

For Spotify, its something they could use, trigger a keep awake on lyrics and video music (maybe with an option on the spotify own settings so the user is in control). That is what is necessary.

Thanks.

Hey @ips2954164,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

We appreciate your feedback. We know you’d like to make this as an opportunity for Spotify to become an incredible app. 

However, while it's currently not possible to keep the screen on as an option within the Spotify app, other users had a similar idea and posted it here. Even though the status is set as "Closed - Not Enough Votes", it doesn't mean the idea has been rejected. We’d suggest adding your vote and subscribing to the idea to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Huh, that's topic is about the keeping lyrics up when song changes, not to keep the screen on while playing. OP suggested something really useful, easy understandable and not difficult to implement at least on Android (I guess it isn't difficult on iOS as well). And such suggestions date way back, it's not something new.

Yet it seems that Spotify has problems with this topic for some reason.

Apple Music does this very well.

It seems as if this is now the default behavior, at least when the phone is plugged in. Spotify keeps the screen awake. I actually came here looking for a way to turn this off! I'm using a Pixel 6a. (Obviously, you can just turn the screen off if you remember to do so while charging, but you really shouldn't have to -- there should be an option to not have Spotify keep the screen awake while plugged in.)

I do wish tehre was a music app out there I actually liked.  To bad they all seem to have different features that don't cross polinate.  Feels like a stagnant industry full of bad optioins

I too would like this function. If I set Spotify to play when I go to bed and set the sleep timer for x minutes, unless I remove the app manually from the screen (show only phone home screen) the screen will stay awake, lit, all night long, even after the music has stopped playing. Sometimes I think it's that song title banner that keeps scrolling across the player controls. Makes the phone think you're doing something maybe. In any case, it's stupid that the screen will never turn off on its own. 

Suggested posts