Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Secret Playlists are bugged and do not work

[Android] Secret Playlists are bugged and do not work

My Question or Issue

The "secret playlist" feature on the Android app does not work.

- All playlists, regardless of their Secret status, act as if they are public when listened to on the mobile app. Your followers can see the playlist being listened to and click on it, and the playlist will still say it is "Secret" on the desktop app.

- All playlists, when clicking the "three dots" icon, will have the option "Make Secret", whether or not they are actually secret. Clicking this option will make Secret playlists Public if viewed again on the desktop app, and playlists that you "Make Secret" on mobile still act as if they are public.

Basically, there is no such thing as a Secret playlist on the Android app, and if you try to change the "Secret" status of a playlist on mobile, it will always default that playlist to Public. This is really frustrating for people who use a lot of playlists, and it's been a problem for months. It makes me not want to listen to playlists on mobile, and it feels bad to use the app.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7

3 Replies

Hey @nm_spotify.

Thanks for getting in touch with us, we'll be glad to help 🙂

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of your profile page as viewed in the app and telling us if the playlists that you see under Public Playlists should be private or public? That would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

P

Hey Peter,

I took a screenshot of the three public playlists I have on my account (I have ~50 secret playlists). But I don't think that really illustrated the problem I'm having at all, so I took/annotated a bunch of screenshots in chronological order to show you what's going on.

https://imgur.com/a/i7nhb0k

As I was able to reproduce it this time, the issue doesn't really lie in whether or not people can see my secret playlists on my profile, but that my followers can see the full contents of the secret playlists I'm listening to at that time.

Thanks,

N

Hey there @nm_spotify,

Thanks for clarifying!

Have you tried logging out and back in the app to shake things up?

You can also try a clean reinstall of the app on your device and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

/K

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts