Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lost all my offline music - AGAIN

Lost all my offline music - AGAIN

Dear Spotify,

Spotify did it again. I am a premium user with 2000 offline songs at least. I like this service so much, I am relying on it for my entire music library, and I have less than 3 MP3 albums on my phones, only the few that are not available on Spotify.
It also takes 3-4 hours to backup all offline songs to my phone with a fair Internet connection. This morning, switched on my phone, was about to go on a 4 hour-trainride, opened Spotify to get in the musical mood of the day.

There it was, that weird "Log in / Sign up" screen once again. I log back in, to find ALL MY OFFLINE MUSIC HAS BEEN DELETED just like I was never logged in to Spotify on this device. I used it yesterday and it worked fine, my subscription payment is up to date.
I don't know how this bug is not important enough it wasn't fixed. I cannot afford at any time to lose 3 hours of my time to re-backup my entire offline music because I got logged off the app for no reason.

Any idea? Do you know if they plan to fix this?

Julien.

101 Replies

This happened to me as well. Yesterday It was just fine, then this morning, got the bus to go to work (1 hour ride) and puff, where is my music?

Also, the files keep using disk space, and even when I got back to WiFi, spotify doesn't manage to redownload and overwrite all of my previous downloaded songs. I have to go to every band / album and re-download it.

It's like this happens once every month, something wrong with the payment check maybe?

Really irritating, one of the main premium features is to listen to music offline, this bug should have maximum attention!

Had the same problem, 

I am leaving for holiday next week, and there I won't be able to re-download my music, so would really appreciate if this gets fixed...

Groeten,

Tim

same to me ... to be honest it has never worked ... I have lost my songs at least 20 times the last 2 years. Do the Spotify developers use their own software?

I was happy that Spotify added a configuration to choose the location to store the offline music (my phone only has 8GB internal memory but 64 GB external). This is a step into the right direction.

But the data is lost ... completely ... also on my filesystem. It seems to me that it happens when I have to re-login via facebook account. After relogin ALWAYS the storage location is resetted to INTERNAL memory ... at this moment my offline music is still on my filesystem (but already not accessible via Spotify app) but I cannot play a song because I am - as usual - in offline mode.

When I switch the location it is said that data is transferred and app will be restarted. After restart ... my offline music also on filesystem.

I have to re-download it again ... and it usually happens when I have no fair internet connection and I would like to listen to  my offline-music. This is very frustrating and if this problem won't be fixed ... I have to switch my streaming provider.

Platform: Android 5.x

Kind regards,

Pierre

Same thing for me!! Lost all my music all over again this morning. Music that I had to dowload all over again yesterday because I had nothing. I used to get the message No Storage Area Found but it didn't affect my dowloaded music, but now I get the message and I'm loosing all my playlists.

I have a Galaxy S5 and my platform is Android 6.0.1

Will you solve this problem soon? It's really frustrating to see that nothing is getting solved and new problems keep appearing! I have Premium free for 2 years with my phone plan and after that for sure I won't pay for an app that is not working like it should be. 

Plan to fix it?!?!

This is just normal service.

The problem is is either constant 'nuissance' level (lose 30-50 tracks per week) or bad (losing 50-100 tracks EVERY day) since last app update.

The pathetic clowns at Spotify keep reintroducing the same bugs over and over. E.g. Stop playing mid track. This came back the update before last (for the nth time), seems to have gone away again since the update a week ago, but this update made the disapearing tracks worse, again, for the nth time.

Updates usually go on a 4-6 week cycle, so we are simply stuck with this worse level of the problem for weeks now.

We (family on premium since 2 years) are currently evaluating alternative services, the we are going elsewhere. Suggest that all of you do the same. This Spotify app/service is coded by incompetent morons (based on their expertise to keep bringing back the same bugs and problems again and again). They don't merit your business, money or patience.

Maybe ... it's not a bug it's a feature?!?

Usually I am in offline mode because my kids are listen to music that is not on my SD-Card - they would use my mobile data usage 😞

But there is a requirement that every 30 days you have to go online ... otherwise you loose your offline data (= music) - see https://support.spotify.com/de/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/why-do-i-need-to-go-online-every-30-da....

I  am not sure if the 30 days restriction is the reason for my problem ... but I would guess that I am online more often to download new music. I have to observe it ... I will stay in online mode now.

BUT: I am pretty sure that the deletion is triggered when I have to relogin. After that the Storage Configuration is automatically reset to "Internal Storage" and after switching to "External Storage" my music is deleted. One problem for analysis is that I cannot trigger to enforce a relogin ... there is no logout button and phone restart does not help ... maybe I should fake the date on my phone.

BTW my Spotify Version is 6.1.0.1088 ... but this problem exists since 2 years.

It's frustrating ... and the Professional Spotify Support does not exist. This community is the only support ... I pay 10 euro/month for it and need volunteers to support me. WOW 😞

Same problem, happend to me almost daily since last week...It saids that I have 3 devices sync offline but I only have two...hopefully they gave a solution soon.

@SpotifyProductOwnersAndDevelopers: can you hear us?

Same here, exactly as mobi2006 wrote it. It's infuriating.

Exactly the same thing happened to me today, considering this is a pretty common occurrence and this is a service I pay for this is totally unacceptable.
What makes it even more infuriating for me is that the offline data is STILL THERE on my SD card Spotify just won't access it since it logged me out and changed to using the internal memory.

Same thing here. I tried a lot of thing, spent hours and hours in forums researching and suddently my offline music got deleted from time to time.  I'm wondering to cancel my family account 

Is this only a problem on Android? Is it only a problem on Android with offline music stored on EXTERNAL storage? Does it work on internal storage?

Do iOS users also have the problem?

Android 6, usina SDCARD storage

Today I lost all my music. I had more than 500 song in extreme quality and I have just lost everything !!! And the worst thing is that it was not first time. My internet connection is very slow, so I will be download this music for so many hours. I pay 6 € for this that is insane.Guys please can you recommended my some alternative service similar to Spotify?

I Ithink it happens only when you store offline music on external SD card...

I used it now for 4 weeks storing offline music on internal storage. I was never asked to re-login and I never lost my offline music. Now I switched ... storing offline music on external sd-card ... this happened:

• the existing music was automatically transfered to the external sd-card
  • the very next day I had to re-login to spotify (I did not have to it the last 4 weeks)
  • after re-login the storage configuration was automatically reset to internal
  • all my offline music on external sd-card was lost

Sorry Spotify ... this is unprofessional. The bug may not be a problem for Apples users (because there is no external storage) but a lot of Android users decided to use this platform because of cheap external storage support. 

SPOTIFY exculdes ANDROID users ... it seems that I have to switch to APPLE Music to be handled as a first class citizen with my Andoird phone. Crazy world....

BTW: even when I buy a iPhone I will not come back to Spotify again ...

Spotify does not seem to be interested in this problem ... bye, bye baby

Yep, 19GB gone due to an SD card failure - while I was able to recover the SD card and move the com.spotify.music folder back to the right location, the app doesn't recognise the tracks as downloaded. It doesn't even remember the tracks I've marked for download!

DRM strikes again.

I canceled Spotify ....

I tested Apple Music but

• it does not fit into my Google-dominated (Android devices, Chromecasts) environment
  • does work on mobile Android phones but not on Android tablets ("not compatible")
  • the Windows 10 iTunes version was not working correctly ... on my laptop with high resolution it was not usable with 125% scaling factor (I need because Windows is not able to scale in a professional way).

Deezer is my choice ...

• full support of my environment (Android mobile phones, Android tablets, iPad)
  • external SD-card offline storage seems to work (crossing fingers)
  • Windows 10 client
  • Browser Client
  • audio books in a separate section
  • family access is easy to configure ... switching a profile (= user) is possible for everybody ... this is a positive feature for me
  • playlist transfer was simple (Spotizr, Soundiiz)
  • same prize

Bye ... 

Please visit the Spotify application information/settings (accessible through application manager or by long pressing the Spotify icon in your recent apps screen) and ensure the storage permission is checked.

For some reason Spotify won't ask for the permission and will still download the music and let you play it. But sooner or later it will be cleared because Spotify didn't have the necessary permission.

Hope this helps.

Screenshot_20161103-183650.png

It's not caused by external sd card. I've had this happen about 3 times over the last few years on devices without sd card. Each time it's occurred within an area of no or weak data signal and well within the 30 day limit of needing to be seen. online. I've never known this issue occur to iPhone users on our family subscription. I think Spotify has so many strengths but the android version has constantly drifted between OK, average and unusable. Agree with previous comment about Apple music. Google play works well but lacks the recommendations etc of Spotify. I'll be taking a look at deezer

Suggested posts