Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 41 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

High data usage while playing offline playlist

The situationI was playing from a playlist I had offline available the entire night. I have downlad via cellular data disabled. My Wi-Fi was dead. The last image in here shows that Spotify had used 1.71Gb of data in 3 hours time. I don't know what wa...

P1XzSUZ whefImy eRjwK3T 362Xsya
  • The situation I was playing from a playlist I had offline available the entire night. I have downlad via cellular data disabled. My Wi-Fi was dead. The last image in here shows that Spotify had used...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • data
    offline playlist
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Save offline playlist on SD card

When I try to save my offline playlists on my SD card i cant choose to save on an external SD card although it says so on the spotify help page

• Casual Listener
  • When I try to save my offline playlists on my SD card i cant choose to save on an external SD card although it says so on the spotify help page
  • xfaustx
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Desejo ser ressacido.. Cobrou o plano mas nao ativou

Preciso de ajuda! Eu fui fazer o meu cadastro no plano universitario e nao consegui concluir, a tela fechou e nao abriu mais. Nem usei e ja cobrou no meu cartao! Quero cancelar a compra pq nem terminei o cadastro, Nao consigo acessar e NUNCA usei o s...

• Preciso de ajuda! Eu fui fazer o meu cadastro no plano universitario e nao consegui concluir, a tela fechou e nao abriu mais. Nem usei e ja cobrou no meu cartao! Quero cancelar a compra pq nem termin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files' album art not showing up on Android/iOS (randomly)

On iOS, it seems to have album art for some local files. But on Android, it's pretty much non-existent. I was able to fix the issue on my computer by removing all special characters (hyphens, parentheses, underscores) from the filenames and restartin...

• Gig Goer
  • On iOS, it seems to have album art for some local files. But on Android, it's pretty much non-existent.   I was able to fix the issue on my computer by removing all special characters (hyphens...
  • clicheusername
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local File Sync on Android

So im trying to download a 4 song album on my android smartphone that I imported on my PC. I have been up and down this topic on the community for hours and nothing seems to work. If anyone knows how to sync music on an Android device, I am all ears....

• Casual Listener
  • So im trying to download a 4 song album on my android smartphone that I imported on my PC. I have been up and down this topic on the community for hours and nothing seems to work. If anyone knows how...
  • Bassplayer96
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Ads

For some reason all my ads are in Portuguese and addressed at a Brazilian audience. I do not have any language filters set to Portuguese. I live in the US. My VPN is set to the US when I use it. Why in the world is this happening? I don't really care...

• For some reason all my ads are in Portuguese and addressed at a Brazilian audience. I do not have any language filters set to Portuguese. I live in the US. My VPN is set to the US when I use it. Why ...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't choose the place of the storage of download music

with the last update for android does not appear the option to choose the place of the storage of downloaded music (internal or SD card)

• with the last update for android does not appear the option to choose the place of the storage of downloaded music (internal or SD card)
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution HELP pls

I can not import my songs from my cell phone to spotify, in settings I no longer have the options.(note) before you had this option in another account

• Not applicable
  • I can not import my songs from my cell phone to spotify, in settings I no longer have the options. (note) before you had this option in another account
  • ZullyB
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Def Leppard playback

3rd different time trying to play Def Leppard since you guys got the full catalog. Every time songs start & stop over and over. Only happens with Def Leppard songs. Weird & annoying.

• 3rd different time trying to play Def Leppard since you guys got the full catalog. Every time songs start & stop over and over. Only happens with Def Leppard songs. Weird & annoying.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Daily mix not displayed Anfroid

My wife and I are new subscribers. My android app gave me daily mix right away. I just realized my wife has never seen hers. Same smartphones on android.

• My wife and I are new subscribers.  My android app gave me daily mix right away.  I just realized my wife has never seen hers.  Same smartphones on android.
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle all music on mobile device

My playlist is set up for shuffle, but does not shuffle all songs. I hear the same songs repeatedly. In the same order. How do i actually enable shuffle. Android user

• My playlist is set up for shuffle, but does not shuffle all songs. I hear the same songs repeatedly. In the same order. How do i actually enable shuffle. Android user    
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Shuffle Algorithm
    Shuffle better
    shuffle issue
    Shuffle not working
    Shuffle play
    Shuffle Playlist
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont connect

The spotify App crashed, im using an android system, and after that it it logged me out. Now it wont reconnect. Is there any way to fix this problem without deleting Spotify and every song that I downloaded? This would be rather crucial because I'm n...

• The spotify App crashed, im using an android system, and after that it it logged me out. Now it wont reconnect. Is there any way to fix this problem without deleting Spotify and every song that I dow...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems when turning the screen on and off.

Each time I press the power button in my phone, turning the screen on or off, whatever I'm listening to skips ahead about 2 seconds. It's really weird and annoying. It didn't do this with my old phone, just this new one. Can anyone help?

• Each time I press the power button in my phone, turning the screen on or off, whatever I'm listening to skips ahead about 2 seconds. It's really weird and annoying. It didn't do this with my old phon...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is playing my titles but they are lagging

So I got spotify prenium since 1 year, but it as been 1 week since my titles have started to lag when im listening to them. Sometimes they even completly stop by themself. But usually there is like "chips" of song that are buggy, just like when you t...

• So I got spotify prenium since 1 year, but it as been 1 week since my titles have started to lag when im listening to them. Sometimes they even completly stop by themself. But usually there is like "...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops playing when on other apps

I've been having this problem for a while now, if I start playing music on Spotify and then go on another app, the music just stops and I have to go on the Spotify app to start it again. I tried reinstalling, relogging but nothing has yet solved this...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been having this problem for a while now, if I start playing music on Spotify and then go on another app, the music just stops and I have to go on the Spotify app to start it again. I tried rein...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Trying to save albums on Samsung 8 and the app crashes

Hi guys, This issue started today. Just trying to press 'Save' on an album and the entire app crashes. Not cool. Any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys,   This issue started today. Just trying to press 'Save' on an album and the entire app crashes. Not cool. Any ideas?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music skipping like a CD

As of late, when listening through my app, the music will skip as though it's a scratched CD. It'll be the first song in a playlist or album for the first 30 seconds or so. I followed the directions posted here (community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Audio...

• Regular
  • As of late, when listening through my app, the music will skip as though it's a scratched CD. It'll be the first song in a playlist or album for the first 30 seconds or so.   I followed the di...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Go online to see menu" issue

Hi all, I'm having an issue with the Spotify app on my phone (actually loaded on my SD card because I have so much music downloaded) that frequently when I am trying to use the menu (go to artist, add to playlist, etc.) it will spool for a few second...

• Regular
  • Hi all,   I'm having an issue with the Spotify app on my phone (actually loaded on my SD card because I have so much music downloaded) that frequently when I am trying to use the menu (go to a...
  • 0 replies
  • 15 likes
  • Android
    Error
    internet
    wifi
  • 0 replies
  • 15 likes

Lost music

I've had Spotify years now. Never had a drama. Now i go into a playlist that only had 60 songs in it. And i can only visibly see 9 or so. Yet the playlist still states 60 songs in this one playlist. What could cause this? I've tried hitting the downl...

• I've had Spotify years now.  Never had a drama.  Now i go into a playlist that only had 60 songs in it.  And i can only visibly see 9 or so.  Yet the playlist still states 60 song...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes