Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped ERROR!!!!!!

PlanPremiumCountry EnglandDeviceAcer TabletOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue I've had Spotify premium for a good while now with no issues. All of sudden I am getting this error which effectively closes Spotify. I uninstalled and installed,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  England Device Acer Tablet Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  I've had Spotify premium for a good while now with no issues. All of sudden ...
  • Vics4life
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily mix doesn't change daily anymore

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceS8, Macbook Pro, PCOperating System Android Oreo, Windows 10, Mojave My Question or Issue My daily mix doesn't change daily anymore. Heck it hasn't changed in months, maybe once this year.

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device S8, Macbook Pro, PC Operating System  Android Oreo, Windows 10, Mojave   My Question or Issue  My daily mix doesn't change daily a...
  • SunnyGates
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Search not working - ruined my party

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceGalaxy S8 Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSearch not working. Defeats the object of subscribing to Spotify. Ruining my gathering

• Plan Premium Country UK   Device Galaxy S8   Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Search not working. Defeats the object of subscribing to Spotify. Ruining my ga...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Search bar does not work

PlanPremiumCountry UsDeviceSamsung Galaxy 6 Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue The search function does not work. It just gives me an error. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it did not help. When I searched for this problem...

• Plan Premium Country  Us Device Samsung Galaxy 6  Operating System Android    My Question or Issue  The search function does not work.  It just gives me an err...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search function not working

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceSamsung Galaxy S6 EdgeOperating SystemAndroid v7 My Question or Issue Same as many have had before, search function is not working, it worked just a few days ago with no problems. Its over Wifi, as I don't stream music much...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  UK Device Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Operating System Android v7   My Question or Issue  Same as many have had before, search function is not working, it wo...
  • rekt_orion
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

[Android] Does my SD Card have to be formatted so I can change the storage?

My Question or IssueI'm trying to change the storage to my SD Card, but when I change it, I get a message saying that the disk is full, when there's 31GB left on the SD Card, or it just stops downloading my music. I've tried deleting the data from Sp...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue I'm trying to change the storage to my SD Card, but when I change it, I get a message saying that the disk is full, when there's 31GB left on the SD Card, or it just stops downl...
  • Jpuen1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Android] Download via mobile provider default on after update

After the Android app update to version 8.4.62.490 arm the option to disable download data over mobile provider is now switched to on. In 15 minutes all my mobile data is gone! PlanPremiumCountry The Netherlands DeviceSamsung Galaxy 7, Android 8Opera...

• Casual Listener
  • After the Android app update to version 8.4.62.490 arm the option to disable download data over mobile provider is now switched to on. In 15 minutes all my mobile data is gone!    Plan P...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No control on lock screen on Android 8.1.0

I have no Spotify control on lock screen on my Nokia 8. I have contacted Nokia support, who unfortunately has not been able to find a clear explanation of the problem.

• Casual Listener
  • I have no Spotify control on lock screen on my Nokia 8. I have contacted Nokia support, who unfortunately has not been able to find a clear explanation of the problem.    
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Saved songs being deleted and disapearing

PlanPremiumCountry IsraelDeviceGalaxy s7Operating system Android Oreo My Question or Issue I have something like 4000 songs saved in phone. sometimes i see that songs that i saved in the past are now there and that i need to save them again! if i can...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Israel Device Galaxy s7 Operating system  Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  I have something like 4000 songs saved in phone.  sometimes i ...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Skipping songs on device

Hi,Im using the premium app on an LG V20, and I seem to get a weird bug with the playlist that im currently listening to. As I listen to songs on the phone, I cant skip more than 2-3 songs (skipping like swipping left to the next song), after the thi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Im using the premium app on an LG V20, and I seem to get a weird bug with the playlist that im currently listening to. As I listen to songs on the phone, I cant skip more than 2-3 songs (skippin...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

BMW Connected Drive Android Issues

Hi!I have the following:BMW 330e /w connected drive (2018) and no pending SW updatesSamsung s8 (no pending SW updates) With the following problems:The onboard spotify app - Changing to next song gives random songThe spotify menu is working 50% of the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I have the following: BMW 330e /w connected drive (2018) and no pending SW updates Samsung s8 (no pending SW updates)   With the following problems: The onboard spotify app - Changing ...
  • nsayeed
  • 47 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 47 replies
  • 8 likes

Spotify app doesn't work Saturday nights

DeviceOnePlus 3TOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueOn the past 3 Saturdays (this one, 16th June included), the Spotify app decides not to function for a few hours. When I try to use it after it was opened in background, it doesn't do an...

• Casual Listener
  • Device OnePlus 3T Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue On the past 3 Saturdays (this one, 16th June included), the Spotify app decides not to function for a few hours....
  • updownsuite
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify and shazam integration in south africa

PlanPremiumCountry South AfricaDeviceHuawei Y6 proOperating SystemAndroid 5.1 My Question or Issue are Spotify and shazam integrated in south africa? as shazam does not offer spotify to connect to, so that it can send tracks I shazam to spotify

• Plan Premium Country  South Africa Device Huawei Y6 pro Operating System Android 5.1   My Question or Issue  are Spotify and shazam integrated in south africa? as shazam does...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Über Mobilnetzwerk herunterladen

Hallo, obwohl ich auf meinem MotoG5 / Android 7.0 bei den Einstellungen "Über Mobilnetzwerk herunterladen" deaktiviert habe, werden große Datenmengen geladen. Letzten Monat waren es ca. 180MB. Kann es sein, dass beim Abbruch der WLAN-Verbindung ein b...

• Casual Listener
  • Hallo,   obwohl ich auf meinem MotoG5 / Android 7.0 bei den Einstellungen "Über Mobilnetzwerk herunterladen" deaktiviert habe, werden große Datenmengen geladen. Letzten Monat waren es ca. 180M...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play local files on Samsung Galaxy S7

PremiumNetherlands DeviceSamsung Galaxy S7, MacBook Air (Early 2015)Operating SystemSamsung: Android, MacBook: macOS High Sierra (Version: 10.13.6) I have followed a guide to be able to play local files on my mac. I tried to download it on to my phon...

•   Premium Netherlands   Device Samsung Galaxy S7, MacBook Air (Early 2015) Operating System Samsung: Android, MacBook: macOS High Sierra (Version: 10.13.6)    I have foll...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    local files
    Local files for Spotify Mobile
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Interface?

PlanPremiumCountry TurkeyDevice:Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime PlusOperating SystemAndroid 6.1 My Question or Issue I saw spotify interface is different on my brother's phone. It' s too different. Why? I am using latest version of Spotify, prsmium plan. ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Turkey Device:Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Plus Operating System Android 6.1   My Question or Issue  I saw spotify interface is different on my bro...
  • thecrazyninja
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Newest Update 7/18/18 killed all the speakers except front!

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSADeviceGoogle PixelOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueAfter the latest Spotify update on 7/18/18, when on BT, car radio only plays thru front speakers...no rear, mids, or sub... completely annoying. Any help wou...

• Plan Free/Premium Country USA Device Google Pixel Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue After the latest Spotify update on 7/18/18, when on BT, car radio only plays...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Screen change on radio BT

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceGalaxy S8+Operating SystemOreo My Question or IssueSuddenly when I connect to BT on my aftermarket Sony car stereo, the song screen (artwork and ability to swipe to next/prev song) changes to some screen without artwork and...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Galaxy S8+ Operating System Oreo   My Question or Issue Suddenly when I connect to BT on my aftermarket Sony car stereo, the song screen (artwork and ab...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Various issues with Spotify app on Galaxy S7 running Android Oreo (8.0)

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemAndroid Oreo (8.0) (Samsung official Nordic ROM, no root or customs)Spotify version8.4.63.584 armV7 My Question or IssueThe Spotify app has been behaving badly for some time now, having ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Finland Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System Android Oreo (8.0) (Samsung official Nordic ROM, no root or customs) Spotify version 8.4.63.584 armV7   My Quest...
  • ParaDoX94
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    bug
    OREO
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't connect over WiFi

PlanPremiumCountry MexicoDeviceHuawei Honor 6xOperating SystemAndroid 7.0 Nougat My Question or Issue My Spotify app doesn't connect through WiFi (I've tried over 3 different WiFi connections and none of them worked). I even tried downloading an olde...

•   Plan Premium Country  Mexico Device Huawei Honor 6x Operating System Android 7.0 Nougat   My Question or Issue  My Spotify app doesn't connect through WiFi (I've trie...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes