Family Premium

Country

France

Device

LG G6

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

The songs do not play anymore on the app. I can start a song, but the progress bar remains at 00:00. I can move in the song time, but the progress bar remains unchanged. I can go back and forth in (online) playlists, the cover updates but the song will not start.

This started about 2 days ago. Until then, I used spotify on the same phone for months without any issue.

There has been no OS update for months. I tried to uninstall/reinstall the app, disconnect/reconnect to my account, restart the phone... but nothing changes...

I tried other music apps on my phone, and they work very well.

I am the only one facing this issue within the family. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @fabrg

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

If a regular reinstall didn't do the trick it's also a good idea to run a clean reinstall of the app on your device. This step is way more thorough when removing corrupted data from previous installations. 

Another thing you can try is making sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @fabrg

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

If a regular reinstall didn't do the trick it's also a good idea to run a clean reinstall of the app on your device. This step is way more thorough when removing corrupted data from previous installations. 

Another thing you can try is making sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Clean reinstall was indeed the solution!
Thanks a lot for your support!

Hey @fabrg,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us. We're really glad to hear that everything works for your again.

If anything comes up we're always one reply away.

Cheers 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts